Chapter 42

"You don't seem like most vampires."

Serana and Morgan exchanged amused looks with each other before turning to Onmund, who had spoken. They were making their way along the coastal path with Savos, Faralda and a few students. Onmund, J'Zargo and Brelyna were the ones that had been the most eager to join the elders and they had been asking the two vampires questions ever since they had left the College.

The group were making their way to Dawnstar, and then onto Solitude, where Savos was going to have an important meeting with Jarl Elisif. Morgan and Serana had offered to accompany them as they were headed in the same direction...although their final destination was Seranas home, Castle Volkihar.

"And how would you know darling?" Morgan replied with a wink.

"You haven't tried to bite anyone yet."

Morgan laughed.

"That's because I am not thirsty. Rest assured, if I feel peckish, I will go straight to you."

Onmund went pale as the rest of the students laughed at his reaction. Morgan smiled and patted his hand.

"As tasty as a young man such as yourself is, we have enough blood to last a week or so. So don't worry."

Onmund nodded and his face started going pink again, much to Seranas amusement.

"Morgan, don't make him faint like you did to that poor messenger."

"I didn't make him faint, he just...keeled over."

"Because you were wearing hardly anything and your teasing got to him."

Morgan smirked as Serana winked at the others.

"What's it like? You know, fast healing, extra speed and strength..." Brelyna asked after a few moments of silence.

"Its...interesting. You can run faster than the eye can see and can take on a giant bare-handed if you are at full strength. But at the same time, you have a weakness that is always there at the back of your mind. You know you will need to feed on someone. Animal blood simply doesn't work. And the longer you go without feeding, the more beast-like you become." Morgan explained, her eyes fixating straight ahead.

There was a long silence after that.

"You are still the Dragonborn to me though. You are still the same person that rid the land of the World Eater and are still the same person that helps those in need."

Morgan looked over at Brelyna and gave her a grateful smile before walking next to her and wrapping her arm round her in a friendly embrace.

"Thank you. I needed someone else rather than that little minx over there to say that to me."

"I can hear you, you know." Serana remarked dryly.

"Shit!" Morgan mock-exclaimed.

The mood brightened considerably after that, and the conversation went onto other topics. Serana was bombarded with enquiries about her magic skills and how long she had been learning. Morgan was asked questions about her magical training and how she became proficient in the use of the blade. And then Morgan asked the students a question.

"What are your plans for the future?"

"J'Zargo plans on becoming Arch Mage."

"You will have to control that temper and boasting of yours if that is your course." Faralda smirked.

Onmund replied before his friend could make things ugly again.

"I plan on making sure that magic is nothing to be shunned and is shown to be as useful as that of any other skills."