Chapter 23

Morgan looked at the blood that was slowly spreading across the floor from the corpse of General Tullius and found that she didn't feel anything. She felt no joy, hatred, ecstasy...nothing. She just felt as though she had just taken care of one problem, only to have a few dozen others replacing it. Even though she and Serana had just exchanged a nice embrace, the feeling of joy had quickly dissipated. She looked over at Serana, who nodded to her as she squeezed her hand gently.

"That's one problem with being a vampire. Your emotions will remain but it gets harder to keep them under control. Are you alright?" Serana asked softly.

"I...I don't know to be honest. But thank you." Morgan replied, still feeling a little numb.

"Come on, we need to make sure the city remains safe. And those soldiers will come back soon enough once Odahviing loses their interest, so we need Elisif to be in total charge by then."

"You're right. Thanks again Serana."

"Thank me later with a hot bath." Serana winked at her.

And Morgan couldn't help but smile at that offer.

Elisif looked at the four Thalmor soldiers that were standing around her throne, their elven swords and shields held ready for use. But it was the woman that was sitting in her seat that made Elisifs blood boil. Elenwen sat there with a relaxed pose, her legs crossed as she contemplated her with an amused smile.

"Ah, Elisif. I see that you somehow managed to stay alive these last few months. Most impressive. Is this due to your friend here?"

Elisif was grateful for Vezarra standing beside her and she gained reassurance that a dedicated assassin was on her side for the time being. So she merely smiled back at Elenwen, feeling courage that she hadn't felt in months.

"You sound disappointed Elenwen. Is that because you and your plans once again failed?"

It was Elenwens turn to bristle at the words, and she stood up suddenly and glared at Elisif and Vezarra with undisguised contempt.

"Rest assured, my next plans will succeed, Elisif. And speaking of friends, where is the Dragonborn? I doubt you would want to even talk to her after what she has become."

Elisif chuckled, and she was sure that Vezarra had joined in, even though the sound of his blade being drawn made it hard for her to be sure.

"I suggest you ask her yourself."

Elenwen looked behind Elisif as none other than Morgan appeared after climbing the stairs in the Blue Palace and walked up to Elisif and nodded to her before meeting Elenwens gaze.

"I am right here Elenwen. Elisif and I will always remain good friends. I don't think you have any friends so you wont have a clue what I am on about anyway...."

"You vampire bitch." Elenwen spat as she generated flames in both hands.

Morgan smirked.

"I am a vampire, that's true. As for being a bitch...well, it depends on who you ask. Serana here doesn't think I am, do you Serana?"

Elenwen looked at the other orange eyed vampire that had suddenly appeared alongside the Dragonborn as though she had always been there, her hands glowing with ice and shock spells. She shivered slightly when she realised that they had almost equal numbers now, but she remained defiant nonetheless.

"You aren't a bitch Morgan, I am on occasion though." Serana replied.

"As for me on the other hand...." a voice came from the corner of the room.