Chapter 39

Knock!

Morgan sat upright and looked around, her fangs fully exposed. The noise had jolted her from her slumber, and her first reaction had been to look around for potential threats. But she saw none and she lay back down again, smiling when Seranas arm wrapped around her midriff. Nothing to worry about...

Knock, knock!

The door.

Morgan held in a giggle at her foolishness and slowly slid from Seranas grip, giving her a light kiss on the lips before dressing into a silk nightdress. She noted that there were soft rays of sunlight coming through a few windows and she frowned at that. Normally, whenever she had stayed in Proudspire, Jordis would take care of the windows by putting the shutters down on them to deter all but the most persistent burglars.

But the shutters were not down and that meant Jordis was either extremely drunk or she hadn't even gotten back from her drinking session the night before.

KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Okay, I am coming you impatient arse!" Morgan muttered angrily as she made her way down the stairs, her bare feet making no noise as she padded towards the door.

KNOCK!

"FUCK OFF!" Morgan yelled as she wrenched the door open...and saw the young man standing awkwardly at the door, his face going white.

She felt a little sorry for him, but only a little. She had been woken up after all, and vampire or mortal, it still made her feel angry at losing her sleep. She took a breath before speaking. If she said one thing that could upset the young man, he might faint...and that would mean she would have to alert someone to take care of him...not a good thing considering she was barely dressed.

"Sorry, you woke me. Can I help you?"

"S...sorry Dragonborn, but..." the man stammered.

Morgan motioned for him to continue, ignoring the fact that he briefly looked downwards at her legs as the chilly wind whipped at her dress. If he stayed awake in this way to deliver his message, then she could live with that. Besides, everyone looked at her legs.

"The Steward of the Jarl, Falk Firebeard wanted me to....erm....tell you that you are needed in the dungeons of the Blue Palace."

Morgan raised her eyebrow at that. It wasn't often that the steward asked for someone in the early hours of the morning, let alone asking her. She cleared her throat when she spotted his eyes were lingering on her calves and he whipped his head up to meet her gaze, his cheeks flushing pink from embarrassment.

She held in a grin at his reaction. Sometimes teasing someone she didn't know made her feel better, and she felt like laughing.

"May I ask why dear?" she asked him, leaning against the doorframe in a slightly seductive manner, making sure he kept eye contact with her.

The man blushed a deeper shade of red and Morgan once again held in her amusement.

"He didn't say Dragonborn, he just asked me to deliver the message as he worded it."

Morgan cocked her head and gave him a dazzling smile before walking over so that she stood right in front of him, close enough so that her dress whipped around his legs and his face was mere inches from her neck...she hadn't noticed he was smaller than her but she admired his restraint at not looking anywhere else but her face...most men she met didn't have this young mans manners.

"Well, you have done your task extremely well darling...tell you what, how would you like a reward for your services?" she cooed, trailing a finger along his neck gently.