Chapter 9

The next week or so passed peacefully at High Hrothgar. Morgan spent more time at the Throat of the World with Paarthurnax and Odahviing, continuing her training like she had always done. This meant that Serana and Lydia spent more and more time together as the days went by. Right now, they were sitting in the courtyard and staring at the stars which twinkled above them, neither of them affected by the freezing cold air that rushed around them.

Every so often, they would see the clouds that hid the tallest mountain in Skyrim vanish as a Shout dispersed them, before they returned to cloak the mountain once more.

"Loud for a Breton" Lydia muttered with a small grin.

Serana sniggered at that joke as she turned her head to meet Lydias gaze.

"What was she like? When you first met her?"

Lydia smiled back at the vampire. She wasn't the bloodthirsty monster that she had always been told they were. In fact, she liked talking to her, she had a way of speaking that made her feel more at ease.

"I didn't notice her at first when she entered Dragonsreach. She wore studded armour and was looking rather tired. It turned out she had been at Helgen, where she met Alduin for the first time. I next saw her coming back after running an errand for the mage that resides in Dragonsreach...she nearly punched the man, yelling at him about facing draugr and trolls" Lydia replied with a grin on her face.

Serana laughed.

"And then? Don't keep me in suspense"

"Well, after that, everything happened so fast. A dragon attacked a watchtower near Whiterun and Morgan was sent to help....and that was her first dragon kill. She was awarded a home...and I was tasked to help her as she saw fit"

Serana smiled as Lydia chuckled. She was impressed at how...modest she was. Many Nord females had an attitude that rivalled the males. But Lydia was more...sensible, it seemed to her.

"And then she dragged you through lots of caves, dwemer ruins and anything else that would make grown men cry" Serana finished, knowing that she would have taken Lydia everywhere after meeting her. Morgan never left her friends alone.

Lydia smiled as she returned the vampires grin. She wasn't scared of her anymore. The first time they had met, even while they shook hands, she kept thinking that she would wake up and she would be there, sinking her teeth into her arm or something. In fact, Morgan had explained that they left the fort once a night to collect blood from bandits that lived in the caves at the base of the mountain.

"And you? How did you meet Morgan?" Lydia asked as she lay down on the fur rug that they had been sitting on. She saw that Serana had followed suit.

"She freed me from my prison...then we had a little scrap" she replied.

Lydia snorted.

"Bet she used a Shout on you to make things fairer"

"She did...while I was sitting on her. I wasn't ready for it"

"She's full of surprises" Lydia remarked, noting that Seranas cheeks were flushed.

I didn't know vampire could blush.

There was silence for a few moments before Lydia spoke again.

"Have you kissed yet?"

Serana laughed softly.

"That's for you to find out" she replied, lightly tapping her hand on Lydias leg gently. And she laughed as Lydia swiped her hand away with a snort of amusement.

Morgan leaned against Odahviings hind leg and stared at the stars. She loved it up here. It was so peaceful, and the air was so crisp. She had been training for a week up here, sleeping only when it was daytime...usually leaping off the summit and using her Ethereal Shout to land safely in the courtyard to save time and running inside before she got the horrid tingling sensation of the sun on her skin.