Chapter 22

1 week later...

"I love how Solitude looks in the moonlight."

Morgan looked at Serana, who was staring at the moons that could be seen in the cloudy sky, and she had to agree. It did make Skyrim seem so peaceful and serene, it could almost make you forget that Skyrim was a land filled with death and danger.

"It does. Although I don't think that now is the time to dwell on such things." Morgan replied after a few moments of looking at Seranas stunning face.

Astrid shook her head and cleared her throat, and both vampires turned to look at her with sheepish expressions.

"If we could concentrate for just a few moments ladies?" Astrid said in her usual sultry tone, (well, that's what Morgan thought of her accent anyway) before nodding to the city that could just be seen around the hill that they were sitting on.

Solitude.

They had easily slipped by the few scouts that had been encountered as they travelled north, but they hadn't killed any of them. Morgan knew that missing scouts would alert Tullius if they didn't return, so if they avoided them, they would have an easier time in getting to Skyrim's capital city. And that's exactly how it had turned out, Morgan mused with a moment of pride coursing through her.

"Lets go through the plan once last time." Astrid said, and everyone there nodded and waited for her to speak. Morgan and Serana sat next to each other on a log, while Elisif sat next to them, looking slightly uncomfortable in her armour. Astrid smiled at her.

"Don't worry dear, you wont be near any of the fighting as long as everything goes according to plan. And if things do go foul, you will have Vezarra with you." she said, nodding to the Argonian that sat on the ground who nodded to her.

"Thank you Astrid." Elisif said softly.

Astrid took the time to reply, as she was still amazed that her husband had seemed to have taken such a liking to the young widow. He was an unsociable person at the best of times, and Arnbjorn still had arguments with Babette and herself, despite their abilities and achievements. But Arnbjorn had crafted a full set of glass armour for her, and Festus had enchanted it as much as he could, along with a supply of grand soul gems courtesy of Morgan. It was the strongest and lightest armour around, if you didn't count Dragonscale armour...although Morgan said she had enough scales, they needed someone like Eorland Grey-Mane to craft it, due to its strength and resilience.

But she seemed more than content with the armour in Astrid's eyes. She assumed the young woman was just frightened of what was to come, but she didn't know how to assure her she would be safe. So she was thankful that Morgan spoke up.

"You wont be near any of the fighting and any soldiers do see you, Vezarra can take care of twenty soldiers by himself." Morgan said to her with a small grin.

Elisif nodded as Vezarra gave her a wide smile, and Astrid continued with the plan.

"Morgan and Serana will find and take care of Tullius. Babette and I will be providing distractions wherever we can. Gabriella and Festus will be providing magical support with attacks on the battlements. Remember, flee if their numbers become too strong and don't get careless."

Everyone nodded. Arnbjorn and Nazir were still at the Sanctuary with Cicero so that the hideout would remain safe. Nazir wasn't that bothered that he would miss on all the action, as he had told Astrid that he needed to stay behind so that Arnbjorn didn't eat Cicero. After a few moments, Astrid had to grin at the memory. Her husband wasn't fond of the jester at all. But he wouldn't eat him...he claimed he was too skinny for him anyway.