Chapter 8

"Why...why did you turn me into one of your kind?"

Serana had anticipated this and kept her gaze locked on the Bretons stunning orange eyes before replying. She wanted to get the truth out as soon as possible.

"Because you were the only one that could help me. And because you wouldn't have helped me if I had come to you openly"

She watched as Morgans mouth opened...then closed again.

"I...you're right...I would have expected you would try and kill me like all of us...like all humans would do if a vampire approached them" Morgan said after a few moments of silence.

Serana nodded.

"That's why I just had to. Your strength, your desire to help others...I have heard a lot about you since you freed me Morgan. All of Skyrim talks about you. Even my own father had a small moment where he was impressed of your deeds...which is why I needed your help"

"Your father...why? What did he do?"

"He's not done anything yet but the moment I returned, he only asked me if I had brought him 'his Elder Scroll'...the bastard" Serana muttered angrily before continuing. "He cared more about the scroll than his own daughter...."

Morgan gently squeezed her hands and with her other one, moved a lock of hair from Seranas face.

"I'm sorry Serana...I know this must be difficult for you..."

"But its harder for you Morgan. I am so sorry about what I have done...I was desperate...."

Seranas words were cut off when Morgan wrapped her arms round her and embraced her tightly. She welcomed the embrace and returned it, savouring the feel of her skin on her face. They parted as Morgan gave a soft smile.

"I can see why you did it...I am starting to get used to...you know...being a vampire" she said, knowing that it was indeed easier for her to acknowledge what she was rather than mull over it. She had adopted a similar approach when she had found out she was Dragonborn.

"You aren't just any vampire though Morgan. You're far more than some common cave vampire who feeds off the odd bandit. You're a Volkihar vampire...ever heard of us?"

Morgan shook her head and Serana gave a soft grin.

"Our line can be traced back to the first vampires...as such, I am one of them. A pure blooded vampire, created by none other than the Daedric Prince Molag Bal"

"But...you look so young and...." Morgan trailed off, wondering why her cheeks could still flush red even as a vampire.

Serana chuckled as she gave Morgan a soft kiss on her cheek.

"You are truly too sweet for your own good Morgan. But thank you. It makes a change from people saying I am a monster"

Morgan smiled as she continued to ask questions. Questions like 'how long should I go without feeding', 'do other vampires and werewolves recognise what I am', and the last question was blurted out without her thinking about it.

"Who killed Marcus? I know it wasn't you but...."

"My father ordered the attack...he's killed the lesser vampire that did it" Serana said, hating herself for even being associated with her father. She was rather surprised when the Dragonborn wrapped her arms round her and dragged her onto her lap and holding her close, her face resting on her collarbone. Serana held her back as she felt the sobbing and knew that in time, she would want revenge. And Serana was more than happy to assist her. It was the least she could do.

"Interesting times are afoot Master Arngeir" Paarthurnax said as he folded his wings up and looked down at the human before him.

Arngeir nodded at that, but he was still worrying about what could happen in the near future. The dragon sensed his distress and did his best to soothe his fears. The Dovahkiin would need his help now more than ever after her transformation.