I Only Knew to Run (a Demi Lovato fanfic)

Valerie's POV:

"Val! Get back here!" The voice screamed from behind me.

I kept running, tears blurring my vision, trying to get away. There had to be a back alley in Chicago that would hide me from him. My legs took another right. It was a mircale that I could keep running with my body shaking so much...but I had to get away.

"You better stop," his voice called from a few yards away. "We're going to talk whether you like it or not."

"You don't want to talk!!" I screamed back, regretting the words as soon as they came out. He's getting closer. How could you? I thought.

My legs were getting tired and I knew I couldn't run for much longer. I froze then darted to the left - there was a hidden cafe in the alley to my right. My eyes spotted a refuge near the cafe door but just as I was about to reach the dumpster a lady walked out the door and we collided.

"Val, you're gonna pay for this!" His voice was getting closer by the minute. 

The lady shrieked and almost fell to the ground. I didn't want her to blow my cover so I grabbed her wrist and led her to my refuge behind the dumpster. She opened her mouth to say something but I covered it with my hand as Cole's footsteps became louder.

"Val!" I poked one eye from behind the dumpster, shaking. "I'm gonna find you! And when I do..." His voice trailed off as he ran in the other direction. I removed my hand from the lady's mouth and took my grip off her. My body became limp and I collapsed on the ground, curled in a ball, and started to cry. 

"Hey, don't cry." The lady said with a surprisngly familiar voice. I looked up - it was Demi Lovato. We had just gotten back from her concert three hours ago. Holy shit. It's Demi Lovato.