Chapter Thirty One

So basically nothing happens in this chapter but I needed to update so here ya go.

Piper's POV

No one knew anything about the thieves. No one had ever talked to them or hung out with them...

Wait.

There was the prince with Nico (I don't know if she knows his name yet so let's pretend she learned it from a merchant.) and that boy with Hazel. Maybe I could find and talk to them.

I scribbled that down in my notebook. Then I closed it and went downstairs to greet my father.

"What've you been up to?" He asked.

"A news story. Like always." I smiled.

"What's it on this time?"

"So I um... I met someone in the woods-"

"You're dating?!"

"No! No, I just bumped into someone and we had a short conversation and now I have to prove to the rest of the town that the thieves had a reason to steal. But... no one in town knows that reason."

"Piper, that's insane! What on Earth would make them steal things other than attention?"

"Well now that I've actually thought about it instead of going along with what the rest of the city thinks, it seems pretty silly that they would do it for attention, actually." (I love Piper in this story.)

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the town hates them too much to actually have sympathy for them at all. In fact, when I went into the town, I asked merchants about him and one of them thought I was a thief too! Our hatred for these thieves have turned us against each other!"

"This town would be perfect without them!" That was a line I had heard over and over while asking people in the market. "They are the only flaws here, and without them we would all be happy!"

"No, without them we would've lived forever thinking everyone and everything was perfect! When in reality, there's so many things that are going on and none of them seem okay! The thief was taken to the castle and is being used as a slave, Dad! That doesn't seem fair, does it?"

"He caused the kingdom so many problems, he deserves it!"

"No. Whatever he went through, whatever happened in his life that made him have to steal, he doesn't deserve this." I stormed upstairs and got my notebook.

Everyone in this town has the same views. They think everything is perfect, I wrote. I'd have to include that to try to stop the kingdom from doing it anymore. Or who knows? Maybe I'll give out this newspaper and they'll arrest me. But if it meant I could change things around here, it was worth it.

Okay hello

I felt like I needed to update this because the last chapter was fake but this ones pretty short so that's fun.

How'd you like it? Was it good? Was it bad? Do you love Piper? Do you hate her? Are you slowly giving up on humanity now? Tell me in the comments please!

Okay I'll go now.

Word count: 500 words