Chapter fifteen

Npov

She left me. She actually left me.

I still couldn't believe it. Not after she had gotten so upset because I couldn't have a nice life.

"You could've had a future! We both could've!"

I guess she remembered that she could have a future. That I wasn't worth staying with. Or maybe that I didn't deserve her.

In the carriage, Will desperately tried to get out. I watched him. What was the point? He was hitting the carriage door in attempt to open it, facing the other way. I knew I could open it, but I didn't have a reason to. It's like if there was a cookie jar in front of you but nothing was inside. There simply wasn't a point.

Will finally gave up, turning back to me with his eyes closed and tears streaming down his cheeks. "Nico, please help me get us out. I've tried everything I can do."

I felt a pang of sadness and guilt when I saw he was crying, but I didn't move.

"Nico, please..."

He needs you, One part of my mind said.

You don't deserve him, another part told me.

(WOAH I JUST HAD A CUTE IDEA FOR THE EPILOUGE)

Why does he even want to help you?

Yet you refuse to help him...

A wave of guilt washed over me and I said, "Move over." He looked up at me, like he didn't quite believe me.

"Really?" He asked hopefully.

"Hurry!"

He scooted over and I looked at the lock. It didn't look hard but I would need a bobby pin. I opened my satchel (-CatDogG- its a rutchel!) and dug around for something I could use. Finally, at the bottom there was a bobby pin. I pulled it out.

"Uh, Nico? I think we're almost at the castle..." I started on the lock.

"I'm trying, okay?"

Click! The door swung open and guards started yelling. I stood back and gestured for Will to go.

He hesitated, "Aren't you coming too?"

I hesitated, but said, "Yeah. Um, I'll be right after you."

Will nodded and started to jump out when he grabbed my hand. I yelped, and then he jumped. We both stumbled but managed to keep running.

"Will, let go of me!"

"What, so you can stay back there and be killed? I don't think so!"

"I can't have a happy life anyway!"

"You could! You just have to survive until I'm made king-"

"-and then you'll forget all about me, or worse, remember all the damage I did to your kingdom." I finished.

"No! I was going to say, then you can move into the castle with me."