Chapter Twenty-Five

HPOV [Hazel's POV]

I didn't know what to do. My mom had died and now my dad was leaving me? Where was I going to live? How was I going to get food?

My best friend Frank was trying to calm me down.

"Y-you could stay with m-me. I-If you want." He stuttered.

"Frank, you have enough problems helping your grandmother. I don't want you having to pay for me too. I'm not old enough to get a job yet..."

He looked at his feet. He knew it was true. He was a year older than me and was just barely old enough to get a job. He had to pay for his grandmother, who has been extremely ill lately, and he wouldn't be able to pay for me. His job doesn't pay that well.

"Where will you stay then?"

"I don't know. I can't believe my dad would leave me..."

"I'm really sorry..." he took a step back and accidentally knocked over the trash can.

"Oops. I-I'll clean this up."

I went over to help him. I picked up a crumpled up piece of paper. It was one of those Wanted posters.  With the kingdom thief's face on it...

The thief.

He found a way to get food and shelter. Why can't I?

Okay well this is a short chapter but it's kind of like the prologue for Hazel so I'm using that as an excuse.

Word count: 245 words