Chapter Twenty-Two

Npov (I should really put in some WPOV chapters. Oh well.)

Will led me to the dining room. A bunch of food had already been set out and I almost stopped in the doorway. This was more food than I could ever imagine! I wondered how did they decide what to eat every day.

After I got over the fact that there was piles of food, I followed Will to the table and sat next to him. He smiled at me.

Then the doors opened again and King Apollo stepped in. He glared at me and I looked down at my plate.

"Why is he here?" He asked. I bit my lip. If they kicked me out, would I go back home? I really didn't want to, there were too many memories of Bianca...

"Dad, we can't just kick him out again. It makes sense to let him stay here. We have too much food and he doesn't have enough. The kingdom would be at peace- or at least a little bit more at peace; it's still not perfect, and Nico would have a place to stay. Please, Dad, let him stay."

I looked back up at the king. He seemed to be pondering this.

My spirits lifted. Maybe I'd get to stay here after all...

"He can stay for today, but first thing tomorrow he has to leave." He went to take his seat.

"Dad, what does that solve? That's only a day at peace in the kingdom."

"Well, we could kill him."

I'm right here, I thought.

"No! I mean, no. Don't kill him. Please. Let him stay in the castle!"

"What's in it for me?"

"A happy kingdom. I've already told you-"

"Yes, yes. But that won't make me happy. What will you give me?"

"I'll... I'll give you..." Will was obviously trying to think of something his dad didn't already have.

"I can be your servant." I blurted. (Ahahahhahahaha nope I'm not working in those other plans. I"m using this plan instead, which I had no clue I was doing until about two sentences ago. I'll just make another book or add chapters to the end or something for the other ones.)

King Apollo smiled evilly. "And I can make you do whatever I want?"

"As long as it doesn't hurt anybody, yes."

"Hm. Yes, I think that will do. Now, let's eat."

Will turned to me looking scared. "Nico, you have no idea what you just did! He's going to make you his slave, not his servant! You'll be stuck like this for your entire life! I'll go try to talk him out of it." He started to stand up but I grabbed his sleeve and gestured for him to sit down.

"Look, I know it will be hard but I doubt it will be worse than in the town stealing things, right? Unless I want to go back to the village to steal bread and apples for the rest of my life, this is my only choice."

"I'm sure I could talk him out of it. You don't have to do this!"

"Yes I do."

"Nico, we can find something else to give him, I'm sure of it. I'll go talk to him."

"Will, no."

"What am I supposed to do?!"

"Not send me back to where I was! By talking to him, that's what you'll do. Please, don't do anything. I'll be okay."

He looked back at me. Different emotions flashed across his face: fear, anger, sorrow... the list went on. I tried to give him a reassuring smile but since I wasn't reassured myself, I doubt it helped.

"Please, Nico... I don't want him to hurt you."

Hey everyone! How'd you like the chapter?

Like I said earlier, I will not be using the ideas that I mentioned in "READREADREADREADREAD" because I thought of this one and am determined to write it. The other ideas would not go with this plot, so I'll just make another book (I think I've decided to just make another).

Okay, bye!

Word count: 680 words