Chapter Twenty-Seven

BlueSeaCookies and -CatDogG- just groaned because they got the notification that I updated.

Also: I'm kind of having a hard time deciding who's POV to do this in, so it might end up switching a lot. Be warned.

HPOV

This whole thing was harder than I thought. I was already seen and it was only my first day! I was lucky that everyone was too shocked to bring me to the castle.

I was in the woods with Frank.

"H-Have you found a p-place to stay yet?" Frank asked me.

"No. Not yet."

"I-I've looked around a b-bit and found somewhere you could l-live..."

"Really? Where?" I beamed at him. I really didn't deserve him. He's always doing stuff like this.

"I-it's not that great..."

"That's okay. I just need somewhere."

"Well, um, so I've heard that the t-thief is staying in the castle so I found where he was living b-before that."

"Frank, you're the best friend ever." I tackled him in a hug and he laughed.

I pulled away from him after a few moments and he said, "Come on. It's this way." 

He led me back through the market place and then took a path that led to a poor neighborhood. He stopped at the first house, which had a "for sale" sign in the yard. I skipped up to the door and opened it.

Creeeeeeeeak!

I entered the house and turned into a bedroom. There wasn't much in it, but I doubted it was the thief's. I decided he must've had a sister. "I could make this my bedroom." I said.

I left that room and went into the kitchen. There was a note on the counter.

"What's this?"

Curiosity got the best of me and I went over to read it.

It didn't make any sense. From what I got from it, Bianca, probably the owner of the bedroom I found earlier, was leaving her brother Nico, probably the thief. But what kind of sister would leave her brother like this? Even if he is the thief, he was probably in the same situation as me. So did she not love him? The thought made me angry.

Frank read the note too. "Why would she leave him?"

"That's what I was just wondering."

"Hm. Maybe they got into a huge fight and she was only leaving temporarily."

"Even then, he probably needed her help. She would've been selfish to leave."

Frank stepped away from it. "There had to be a reason that she left."

I blinked, "She wanted a future. Why couldn't she have gotten a future with Nico?"

"Who knows?"

I shrugged and put the note down. Then I started to explore the house more.

I entered a living room that I immediately knew I would like. It was small and cozy, and there was a couch that looked like it would be comfy to sleep on.

Frank stood next to me and took my hand. I looked down at it and smiled.

"U-um, H-Hazel, I've been w-wondering, you know, if you w-would..."

I went up on my tiptoes (as he is quite a bit taller than me) and kissed him. It was small, but it was enough to blush like crazy.

"Yes." I said.

A small smile crept onto his face.

"Lets keep exploring." I said.

"Y-yeah."

I took his hand again and went into another bedroom. I guessed this was Nico's.

There wasn't much in this one either. I found it pretty odd that the infamous kingdom thief had lived here. In this house. Just a few days ago, he might've been talking to his sister or something. Like a normal person.

I swallowed and turned towards Frank again. "Thank you so much, Frank. I'll never be able to thank you enough for this."

He smiled, "You're welcome."

Wow not a single POV change. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Word count: 664 words