Painted Raven

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

Lexa and I both panted as we continued to run. I was starting to get weaker, unable to help Lexa carry me anymore. Lexa placed me down on the steps and held my back so I wouldn't fall.

"Something's wrong. I can't." I gasped out. Lexa pulled me up more so she was hugging me. "I never thought I'd see you again."

"I knew my spirit would choose wisely."

We heard a creek from above us and the sky began to change. It went from day to night quickly. "What's going on?"

"ALIE knows you're here. She's uploading the flame from your mind. Your mind is changing things. Day turns to night. It rains. We have to hurry."

I nodded and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, but fell back in pain again. "I don't understand. Why is the flame hurting me?"

"ALIE is using it against you. Making it reject you. You have to fight."

"I can't."

"Yes you can."

"How do you know?"

"Because." Lexa placed a gentle hand on my stomach. "Love is strength, not weakness." I nodded and sat up, with the help of Lexa. "Listen to me. Now the upload has begun, Alie's people will be able to see us. We need to be more careful."

"Why aren't they here already?"

"The flame offers some protection, but less and less. Can you stand?" I nodded and rose to my feet. "We don't have a lot of time. We need to find that kill switch." We turned to look at a girl who was riding a bike. On her jacket was the symbol from the A.I. "Thank you Becca."

Lexa and climbed down the stairs and followed the girl.

We followed her until we got to a fence with barbed wire around the top. "It's a firewall." Lexa explained.

"I don't understand."

"You'll never get to the kill switch!" I heard someone yell from behind us. I turned to the person, who was actually Jasper. Lexa drew her swords and stood in front of me.

"No." I told Lexa. "It's okay. Jasper, what are you doing here?"

"Trying to stop you. You've seen the City of Light now. It's perfect. There's peace, happiness, safety. Why would you want to deny that to anyone?"

"She's torturing people to get them here, Jasper. Taking their memories. Controlling them. This isn't even you. This is ALIE."

"She's doing what has to be done."

"She took away our choice. Human beings have free will. We get to decided how we should live."

"Human beings are the only species that act against their own self-interest. We torture each other. We fight, hurt each other. Break each other's hearts. None of that exists here. ALIE is protecting us from ourselves."

"Sam, there's still time." Lexa said. "We'll find another sign. Let's go."

Jasper walked in front of her. "We can't let you do that."

As Jasper said that more people starting to block Lexa and I in. Jaha was leading them. "Sam!" He shouted. "There's nowhere to run! It's over. The second A.I can no longer protect you."

"If I remove the flame, will it stop the update?" I asked Lexa.

"Yes, but no ones ever done that by choice before. Regardless, you'll be one of them." She explained. "ALIE will get the flame either way."

"Then stop fighting." Jasper said, smiling.

"Sam." I looked away from Jaha back to Lexa. She was looking at a wall that had a door appear on it. On the door appeared a white, painted Raven.

"Raven, you genius." I whispered. Jasper ran over to the door and blocked it. "Jasper, get out of the way."

When Jasper didn't listen, Lexa punched him in the face. Knocking him out of the City of Light. Jaha nodded to the crowd that followed him who started running at us.

"We can't let them follow." Lexa said pushing me forward. "Go. I'll hold them off."

"Lexa, wait!" I exclaimed before pulling her into a hug.

"I'll always be with you."

Lexa pulled away and went to fight the crowd. I opened the door with the Raven on it and stepped inside.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.