At Least Grounders Are Loyal

Sam's POV

We all walked towards the cave where Indra and Bellamy were. Our heads hung low as we walked. Witnessing Lincoln's execution was something I want to forget. Seeing Lincoln on his knees, Pike bringing the gun up to his head, hearing the shot go off and seeing Lincoln fall to the ground, dead. Octavia was taking it the worst. She refused to let the tears fall but I could tell she was upset, in pain.

We made it to the cave soon enough. I walked in with Octavia, taking her hand in mine. She didn't refuse either, she knew I was the only one who understood her pain. We both loved Lincoln. Her as a lover, me as a brother.

As soon as we entered, Bellamy's eyes quickly looked around for Lincoln. "Where's Lincoln?"

"Pike put a bullet in his brain." Octavia said emotionless with venom in her voice.

"O...O I am so sorry."

Octavia quickly reacted to his apology with a punch to the face. Two more followed after. "Octavia, that's enough."

"Kane, stay out of this." Octavia continued to beat her brother until his face was covered in his own blood. Miller saw that I was in pain from watching the man I love get beaten. He tried to stop it only to be pushed back by Octavia. 

"You're dead to me." Octavia yelled before walking out of the cave. I quickly grabbed a cloth from Sinclair and went to Bellamy's side, handing it to him.

~

"I say we run two-man patrols, round the clock, starting now." Bryan said, talking about staying hidden.

"We'll do that, but we should be safe here. The grounder blockade's too close for Pike to risk looking for us."

"Yeah, but are we safe from the blockade?" Bryan questioned my dad.

"As long as we stay on this side of the line, we should be."

"They're grounders, you really think they're gonna play by the rules?"

"At least grounders are loyal." I snapped, glaring at Bryan. "They wouldn't do anything against their people or their commander. We're safe. We take Pike out, the blockade lifts and we can go back to Arkadia."

"We also become the 13th clan again. Those were the terms." My dad added.

"Lexa's terms." Sinclair corrected. I felt my eyes starting to tear up. Bellamy had told us that she was dead and that a new commander had risen to power. I stood up from my spot, earning everyone's attention, and exited the cave.

~

My dad, Octavia, Bellamy, and I made our way to the dropship. Bellamy was tied up and gaged while my dad held a gun to his head. I did like it, but I had to deal with it in order to go with them to get Monty.

"We got here first." My dad thought out loud as we entered a quiet dropship.

"Do we didn't." Octavia said before grabbing Bellamy and putting her knife to his throat. "Get outside! Now!"

The sheet over the dropship door opened and Monty stepped out, his hands tied, and Pike pointing a gun to his head.

"They followed me. I'm sorry." Monty apologized to our small group.

"Let him go Pike!" I yelled, feeling bad for my innocent friend.

"Can't do that." Pike quietly talked into his radio, then a gunshot went off and a bullet hit by our feet. "It's over. Put down your weapons."

"Shoot him."

"Monty's in the shot." My dad said defeated.

"Come on, Marcus." Pike taunted as another bullet went by our feet. "I promised Monty's mother that I'd bring him home alive. Don't make me a liar."

My dad put down his gun while I put down my sword. Octavia, however, brought the blade closer to Bellamy's neck. Bellamy quickly grabbed her arm and flipped her onto her knees. The other people with Pike came out a placed us all in handcuffs.

"You've got five seconds to make me believe you're still with me." Pike threatened Bellamy.

Bellamy didn't hesitate. "All the others are in a cave not far from here."

"Give me the coordinates."

"I don't have the coordinates. But I can take you there."

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for all the reads and yeah.

Love ya😘
Bye.