Soil

Sam's POV
Italics=Radio

"Okay. Let's get this meeting started." Pike's voice came through the radio. The devise we set up in Pike's office seemed to be paying off. "Welcome Farm Station's own Monty Green and Factory girl, Zoe Monroe, as we begin our next crucial phase: expansion and salvation. And this will lead the way."

"Dirt." Someone said in a confused tone.

"Soil. Fertile, arable soil. Vastly more rich than anything we've found since landing. We'll clear the trees and plant within the month."

"We start with soy beans and corn. They grow the fastest." The voice of the woman I've come to hate, Hannah said. I mean, she seems nice at first and she is Monty's mom...but she's also Pike's puppet. His right hand.

"What's wrong Monty? You don't like corn?" Nathan's boyfriend said sarcastically.

"I've never had corn, actually." Monty said seriously and like he was focused. "Is this where we're going?" I assume Monty was pointing at a place on the map.

"That's right." Pike answered in a questionable tone.

"There's a village here. What about the people who live there?"

"That's Sector Four." Bellamy's voice made my heart stop. I met Nathan's eyes for a second before he placed his hand on top of mine and gently squeezed it. "We talked about this. The people there are not a threat."

"We need that land." Pike emphasized on the word 'need'. "With the loss of Mount Weather's resources, Arkaida will be starving in less than a year."

"With all due respect, sir, you still haven't answered Monty's question."

"You know that answer. Every field must be cleared of stones before it's tilled."

"We were spotted by a child." Hannah said, talking about the incident that happened earlier. "So, they'll be expecting us. But hey lost their fighters when we took out the army. We don't expect resistance."

"They're grounders." Monty spoke up to his mother. "They'll resist."

"Even if they don't, the Commander's message was clear. Blood must not have blood." Bellamy tried to reason with them. "That doesn't mean we can start taking.."

"What would you prefer?" Pike cut him off. "Die fighting for your home? Your girlfriend and baby? Or starve to death? Will you do what needs to be done for your people to survive or not?"

Everyone paused, not moving a muscle to hear what Bellamy's answer would be. "We'll do what needs to be done."

~

"That's a lot of firepower." I observed as I walked towards Bellamy and the rest of Farm Station.

"Let's hope we don't need it." Bellamy replied, still looking down at the bullets.

"What the mission?"

"Planing for our future." Bellamy handed his gun off to Hannah.

"You know, that looks a lot like our past."

"We're building a life here. Not trying to make peace with people who only understand war."

"Damn right." Hannah added.

"Let's move out!" Bellamy shouted to the group as they finished putting away the last of their equipment.

"Hey." I grabbed Bellamy's arm before he could go into the Rover. "Please don't do this."

"I have to."

I looked at the group of people. Bellamy was just doing what he thought was right. I even heard him try to defend the grounders. Well, before Pike brought up me and the baby. I turned back to Bellamy who was studying me intently. "Then at least come back to me." My voice broke at the last part.

Bellamy looked stunned and slightly confused. "I thought you said.."

"Forget what I said. Just please, don't die. I need you. We need you."

Bellamy leaned down to connect my lips to his. We pulled each other close as we kissed before Hannah, of course, had to ruin it. "Bellamy! Let's go. You can do that later."

Bellamy nodded to her before turning back to me. "I'll come back. I promise."

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just so you know, I won't be able to update tomorrow. I am going to Chicago and I'll be there all day. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.