A Kid Needs Their Father

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

"Sure about the route?" Pike questioned Bellamy who was leading the group. "We're getting close to the blockade line."

"That's why Kane set up out here. He didn't think we'd risk it."

"Well he was wrong."

"What's gonna happen to my sister and Sam? I know they have to answer for their crimes but..."

"I'll tell you what. I'll make you the same promise I made Monty's mother. Immunity from all past actions, but if they screw up again.."

"They won't. I'll make sure of it. They're my responsibility."

We continued to walk in silence after that. It wasn't until we got really close to the blockade that Pike began to speak. "Hold on."

"The cave's just on the other side."

My dad and I gave each other a confused look. This was not the way to the cave at all. So either Bellamy's lost or he's trying to help us. "Keep a sharp eye out." We continued to walk until a horn went off, meaning we entered the blockade. "Anybody got eyes?"

"I got nothing." One of his men responded.

"Back to higher ground."

Bellamy grabbed a hand gun out of Pike's holster and held it to his head. "Drop your weapon."

"What are you doing?"

"Drop your weapon!" As Pike's men started to surround him, Octavia and I hit them as best we could and knocked them unconscious. "We bring you Chancellor Pike of Sky People. O, translate."

"We bring you Chancellor Pike of Skaikru! Take him. Lift the blockade!"

The rest of Pike's men were killed by the grounders while we were set free. Octavia tried to kill Pike but was stopped by my dad.

Pike overheard something my dad said and tried to go after Bellamy. I grabbed Bellamy's arm and pulled him back while the grounders knocked Pike out.

"Where are you taking him?" My dad asks done of the grounders.

"To the new commander." The grounder answered, his mask muffling his voice.

"May I join you?" My dad rolled up his sleeve and showed him the mark burned into his skin from the coalition. "We're the 13th clan."

"Don't slow us down."

"Are you sure?" Monty asked worried. "We know nothing about the new commander."

"I'm sure." My dad confirmed. "Go home. Tell our people what happened here. Tell Abby I'll look out for Clark."

~

As we were walking back to camp, Bellamy and I stayed in the back, side by side.

"Thank you." Bellamy suddenly said.

"For what?"

"For pulling me out of the way when Pike tried to attack me. You could've just left me there, but you didn't. Thank you."

"Yeah, well, a kid needs their father."

Bellamy smiled at me which I returned before we connected our hands together and continued on our journey back to camp.

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.