Home Sweet Home

Sam's POV
Italics=Trigedasleng

"Hey! What's going on?" I asked as I approached a yelling Jasper, a irritated Monty, and a confused Octavia.

"He's not going to the memorial." Monty said nodding towards Jasper. The Mount Weather memorial is today. We lost 40 something members of Skaikru because of an attack on Mount Weather by Ice Nation.

"It's a little late for a Mount Weather memorial, don't you think?" Jasper said in a monotone voice.

"All unstationed security personnel report to the main gate." A voice came over the PA.

Octavia and I gave each other a weird look before heading over to the gate. There, Nyko and other sick grounders were surrounded by guards who were pushing them around.

"Hey, hey, hey that's enough!" Octavia yelled.

"The chancellor told Nyko that we would help." I explained.

The guard looked us up and down before stepping closer to us. "You two are like them, you take 'em in."

"They're sick, have some respect."

The guard gave me a push into Nyko. "Hey! She's pregnant, leave her alone!" Octavia yelled, pushing the guard back.

"Octavia, let's just get them inside." I calmed her. Octavia nodded and grabbed one of the sick people while I grabbed another.

~

"Who will speak for Gina Martin?" Pike asked standing in front of the crowd. I stood in the back, leaning against a pillar. I wanted to at least pay my respects.

No one stood up for a minute, until someone finally did. The person who did surprised me a little. It was Bellamy. He brought a book up with him and looked at the crowd a little scared and upset. His eyes met mine and I gave him a comforting smile and a nod.

"Gina was real." Bellamy started. "She always saw the light, even here. She deserved better." Bellamy turned his back and placed the book on the table.

The crowd began to get axises as a group of guards walked over to Pike. Lincoln stared at them as he walked towards the back, next to me.

"Sir, are we under attack?" Harper asked my dad and Abby.

"No, we are not under attack." My dad said, panicking a little about how everyone was acting. "The commander sent a peacekeeping force. To ensure that we can defend against any further attacks from the Ice Nation. "

"Peacekeeping force? Even you can't be that naïve, Marcus. If they're here to defend us, as you say, then tell them to go home. We can defend ourselves."

"Lincoln, you should probably get out of here." I whispered to my warrior friend.

"You!" One of Pike's men yelled pointing at Lincoln. "You don't belong here. You're one of them."

"Lincoln." I warned pushing him behind me.

"My boy is dead." At that the man threw the rock. The last second Lincoln lifted my off my feet and moved me behind him, getting hit in the head with the rock during it. 

I grabbed Lincoln's head and examined the wound, completely ignoring the fighting going on behind us.

"Hey!" Pike yelled. "We do not attack our own! Fighting each other only makes us weak. The enemy is not in this camp. The enemy is out there."

~

"No, no charges."

My dad sighed. "Lincoln, we need to set an example."

"Yeah, we do."

"The man just lost his son, Marcus."

"It doesn't matter." I dismissed Pike's comment. "I stood right in front of Lincoln. One of his own people, pregnant, might I add, and yet he still threw it anyways. If it weren't for Lincoln, I would've been hit. He doesn't deserve a pass because he lost someone, we all lose people we care about."

~
Bellamy's POV

"Lincoln, listen, I just wanted to, to say thank you for getting Sam out of the way, when that guy threw that rock at you. I'm also sorry about everything that happened."

"I guess I'm just gonna have to get use to being treated like that."

"No you don't. You're one of us, Lincoln. Everyone will get that, eventually." I turned my back to him and the other sick grounders to walk away.

"Bellamy, can I give you some advise." I nodded. "I'm not the only person they see as an outsider here. To them, Sam is too. If you want to protect her, get her out of here. Before things get worse."

Hey guys. Sorry updates have been slow. I hope you enjoyed anyways and yeah.

Love ya😘
Bye.