Backpack

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

"Indra, you don't have to free me." One of the grounders said to Indra. "The Skaikru plan is good."

"Running is not a plan."

"It's not running." Murphy said. "Its surviving."

"For how long? This threat will find us all eventually."

"The boy is right." Pike said in a weak and sad tone. "We regroup and come back stronger. It's a legitimate battle strategy."

"I have a better one. Kill their leader, Jaha."

"Now that's a strategy I could support."

"Unfortunately," I finished for Murphy, giving him a look that told him we weren't gonna kill Jaha. "he's not their leader. He's being controlled just like everyone else by that.."

We all stopped talking when we heard the cell gates open. Indra went back over to her spot and suck the nail into the wall again.

"Who's ready to take the key?" The grounder asked, accompanied by a guard.

We all kept our eyes on the ground and didn't say a word. "None of us is ever gonna take a key." Pike said, like it would get through to them.

The grounder went over to Pike and looked him up and down. I cringed when he started checking everyone's chains. He must have seen the wounds on Pike caused by the nail Indra pulled out of the wall.

The grounder kept checking the chains until he got to Indra. She panicked and stabbed the grounder in the head with the nail before taking his knife and throwing it at the guard.

Murphy stood up on his feet. "Come on, grab the keys. She's gonna send for reinforcements."

Instead of listening she turned to me. "You said Jaha was being controlled. By what?"

"We don't have time for this!"

"Murphy, Sam. If you two know something you better say it now." Pike commanded.

"Jaha is being controlled by the chip, the A.I." I explained.

"Jaha's backpack runs the A.I." Murphy continued. "If we can destroy it, I'm pretty sure we can destroy her."

"I know where it is." Indra told us. "I saw them move it into the temple before I was captured."

"They'll expect us to run." Pike said. "We can use that. The A.I will follow those who do, while we go for the pack."

"We?"

"I can't do this alone. Do you wanna save your people or not?"

"Go. Now. Lead them away."

All of the prisoners left until it was just Pike, Indra, Murphy, and myself.

~🕑~

Murphy squatted down behind some boxes as we heard a girl talking to someone, probably ALIE.

Pike waited until the right time before shooting the two guards down. Murphy stopped him before he could shoot the girl. "No! Not her. They know we're here. Bar the door."

"I'll get their guns. We're gonna need them." Pike said as he went to get their guns and bar the door.

I stood next to Murphy as him and the girl stared at each other. Murphy was the first to turn away and instead looked at the backpack. "He's powering the pod."

"Why?" I questioned.

Murphy simply shrugged his shoulders before turning to Pike. "What about the secret passage?" Pike asked. "She'll know about that now. I'll lock it up."

"No don't." Murphy stopped him. "She didn't see us come in. Besides we need that later to escape." Murphy went to the side of the ship and pulled out the metal bar that was holding open the door.

"John." The girl said. Murphy turned towards the backpack ready to destroy the blue gem in it. "That's a nuclear fuel cell, John! You'll irradiate the entire city."

"So how do we destroy it?" Indra asked.

"Carefully."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Love ya😘
Bye.