13

Becca injected herself with the black liquid. Taking a cotton ball and pressing it on the wound before putting the needle away. She quickly closed it as her assistant and the commander walked into the room.

"Step away from your instruments right now." The commander said angrily at the fact that he had just lost his wife and daughter during the bombs that happened minutes ago.

"I own this space station, commander." Becca pointed out. "You don't give me orders."

"I do now that I know the nature of your research."

Becca's head snapped towards her assistant. "You told him?"

"The people of the Ark deserve to know what we're working on before we bring it on board." Her assistant explained. "Today is Unity Day."

"Listen to your assistant, doc." The commander added.

Becca raised her hand, signaling for him to stop. "Ok. No. Please just stay out of this Commander."

"Stay out of this? For two years, I've done everything humanly possible to keep this boat alive, and now I find out that not only did an artificial intelligence that you designed end the world, but you're still working on it. Listen to me, doctor, and listen good. We're set to begin docking maneuvers in two hours, 13 space stations becoming one, possibly the greatest feat of engineering in human history, all designed to ride out the nightmare that you created."

"I understand the stakes, commander."

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Good. Then you'll understand why there's no way in hell i'm  giving a potentially genocidal A.I. access to what's left of the human race. We can't join the Ark until that thing is.."

"That thing is what will save us! ALIE 1 didn't understand what it meant to be human, yes, but ALIE 2 will. It's designed to interface with humanity on a biological level. It will understand the value of life by coexisting with us."

~

Becca quickly cut down her neck and inserted the A.I. before packing the rest of her things.

"Becca. I need you to listen to me. I just received an emergency message from the American station." The commander said over the com. After their little argument, Becca locked them out of her lab. "Both the Russian and Chinese are threatening to stop docking maneuvers because we have. Becca, are you listening to me? Alpha station is threatening to open fire if we don't get back in line in the next 60 seconds. They will make an example out of us."

"Commander if you don't want them to open fire, then begin the maneuvers."

"We've been through this. The moment we dock your A.I infects the other 12 stations. That's not going to happen. One way or another that thing dies today. Now open the damn door so we can float this thing and get on with saving the human race."

"I am saving the human race."

"Becca please." Her assistant pleaded. "What are you doing? Are you really going to do this to everyone? To your daughter?"

"There's a reason why I put my daughter on another station. So she would be safe."

"I know you want penance for what ALIE did, but this is not the way to get it."

"You're right. I do have a lot to make up for. Let me save us. Tell commander McAdams to start the maneuvers."

As the other stations began counting down until they would fire, Becca put on the code for the ship in her lab and went down to Earth while the 13th station was blown up.

~

After Becca left, people began to hate her daughter. Because of her mother's actions, her daughter was experimented on using her mother's research. Using the same injection that turned her mother's blood black on her. That was passed down from generation to generation.

The same blood that Marcus Kane's wife was born with. The same blood that Sam inherited. The same blood that her baby will soon have.

Hey guys. Just so you know this chapter is kind of a backstory for how Sam's blood became black. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.