chapter 44

Addison

3 years later

3 years later.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of family and friends to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony, which is commended of St. Paul to be an honorable estate, instituted of God and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or carelessly, but reverently, joyfully and in the love of God."

I stared into Jason's eyes as the man continued, "Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined." The pastor says. "Who gives this bride to this groom in marriage?"

"I do." My uncle, Steve says and places my hand in Jason's. I stand in front of my wonderful soon to be husband.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. Addison Miller and Jason McCann come today desiring to be united in this sacred relationship."

He then continues. "Let us Pray."

After praying, I glanced around the beach. The rest of my family, Jason's side, The girls, the boys were all looking at us.

And our daughter, Brianna waiting to give us the rings.

Even Elliot and his wife.

"Addison, Jason, Please join hands."

Jason reaches down, grabbing my hand.

"Jason, Repeat after me."

Jason nods, not breaking eye contact with me.

"I, Jason McCann to take Melima Ortiz for my wedded wife."

Jason still doesn't break eye contact, "I, Jason McCann to take Addison Miller for my wedded wife."

"To love and to cherish, for better or worse."

Taking a breath, he continued. "To love and to cherish, for better or worse."

"For richer of poorer."

"In sickness and in health. For this day forward."