chapter 6

Addison

 As I was packing clothes into my suitcase, a knock on the door followed by a voice, "Almost done?"

"Yeah, I'm getting there." I nod, softly chuckling.

She walks over to me while saying,"I just wanted to let you know me and your father will be out tonight. Will you be okay here alone?"

I push hair behind my ear, "I kinda have a date."

"That's great honey, do I know him?" she questioned, "You know how I feel about that."

"You don't know him, mom." I said honestly, "But I promise you I'll be fine, I'm almost eighteen."

"I know, don't remind me." she frowns, "At least tell me where you met him."

"Remember when you had me go to the store for milk the other day?" I asked, "I met him there."

"Oh, well just be careful darling." she leans closer to me, "If you need protection I got some and-"

"Mom!"

"Okay, okay." she uttered, "I just want you to be safe."

"I will be." I responded, "That's not gonna happen tonight, I can promise you that."

My mom lets out a sigh of relief. "So you are a virgin?"

"Yes, mom."

"Melissa!"

My dad called from downstairs.

"Alright. I'm leaving, call me tonight."

I kiss her cheek before she exits, leaving me alone to continue with packing.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I put one last coat of lip-gloss on my lips. I was officially ready for my date with Jason. I'm actually really excited because I've never been on a date before. While I stood in front of the mirror, I made sure my looked good. The doorbell ringing made my heart race and I have no idea why. I closed my eyes, sighed softly, re-opened them, and switched my light off before heading downstairs.

Once I reached the front door, I took a deep breath in and out. Why was I so nervous? When I opened the front door, Jason stood there with a couple of roses in his hand.

"Hi." I softly smile, "You look great."

"You look absolutely breathtaking." he stepped closer to me, holding out the roses.

"Thank you." I take them from him, "Please come in."

I move aside, letting him walk inside. I close the door behind me, "I should put these in a vase."

Heading to the kitchen, Jason following behind me. "So where's your parents?"

"It's date night so they're out." I explained, grabbing a vase from the cabinet and filling it with water.