Sheriff Thompson X Reader[Part 2]

::Your Pov::

A pair of hands grabbed your shoulders and yanked you towards the horses. You rolled across the crusty dirt as solid rock started to break away from the ground. You looked up as a hand shot up from the falling rock.

"Thompson!" You screamed, crawling over to the cliff edge.

His scream carried on for seconds before it stopped with a loud crumble of a rock. Tears welled up in your eyes as you pulled your hand back. You crawled backward to the horses while tears rolled down your cheeks.
He just died! The sheriff! The adorable blue sheriff!
You climbed onto your horse, leaving Thompson's and started racing back to town.

++Time Skip++

As your horse ran into the town, you jumped off and ran into the bar, not knowing where to go to report the news. You barged through and ran up to the bar. The bartender stared at you slightly concerned.

"Are you alright ma'am?" He ask politely.

"No." You sniffed, rubbing your eyes. "The sheriff just died!"

The bar went silent as you felt their eyes land on you.

"Sheriff Thompson?" A soft voice said behind you. "But how could HE die?"

You turned around and sniffed some more.

"We were sitting on a rocky ledge but then it broke and he fell to the rocky bottom. I watched but I couldn't do anything. He pushed me onto safe ground instead of saving himself." You wiped away some of your last tears.

The man looked down at the floorboards, silently and without a word.

"Bring me there." He said, not looking up.

"Why?" You ask, tilting your head.

"Just trust me." He said, walking out of the bar.

You ran after him and jumped onto a horse. He did as well and followed you to the location.

++Time Skip++

"Here." You stopped your horse. "This cliff."

"Woah." They looked over the edge. "That's far."

"Yeah, he wouldn't have survived that... would he have?" You sigh, feeling the tears trying to surface again.

"Well actually... I don't know." They said. "That could actually be water down there... close to the shattered rock."

"So Thompson could still be alive!?" You jump happily.

"If he jumped off the rock and landed in the water then I guess so." He shrugged. "Did he ride a horse here with you?"

"Yeah he did but that doesn't mean he took it back to town. It could have just ran off." You pointed out.

"Good point." He thought. "But it's highly improbable considering these are highly trained horses. They didn't run off during the loud cracks of the stone right?"

"I never noticed that." You sat, amazed at this detective. "Hey, you never told me your name."

"Oh sorry. Gold. Detective Edward Gold." He shook your hand.

"L/N. F/N L/N." You looked back in the direction of the town.

"Do you have a feeling that he's there now?" Edward asked, walking towards his horse and climbing on.

"Indeed." You nodded. "And I'm not waiting around to find out now." You kicked the horses sides and took off.

++Time Skip++

You ran the horse into town again and hitched it. Edward followed after you. You barged into the bar with hope.

"Has anyone seen Sheriff Thompson!?" You ask so everyone could hear.

"You told us he was dead." The bartender said, cleaning a glass.

"Well, there is a chance that he may still be alive. And if he is... I wanna know. He... he's a great friend and if not... then more." You looked down at the floor.

"Aww. Thank you F/N." A familiar voice rang in your ears.

"Thompson?" Tears started to form in your eyes.

"Yep 'er de do da!" He turned you around and pulled you to his chest for a hug.

Both of you hugged tightly, never to let go. You heard gasps as you looked up at his loving eye. Murmurs started to emerge from the bar. Things like: 'I knew it wasn't true' or 'he's back from the grave' or even something like 'what is this sorcery'. A smile crept onto your face and you went level to his face. You connected his lips with yours. The whole place went silent again.

"I think it's clear now." You said. "That I love you too."

"So it was obvious." Thompson smiled. "Thank you."

The whole place cheered with happiness for you and Thompson. You noticed Edward standing behind Thompson.

"See. I told you he wouldn't be dead." He crossed his arms and leaned against a poll.

You rolled your eyes and enjoyed the moment.

I decided to mix it up a little bit this time so. Guess who this was for. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0.... littleEddsworld! I bet you all thought it was LilolFleur. But it wasn't!

More To Come My Ghosties!