Chapter 20 | Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Thank you!" I thanked her, before trying on the two piece.

The bathing suit looked phenomenal. It was the right amount of pretty and sexy at the same time. It also had a classy vibe to it as well. The off the shoulder top fitted my body perfectly, and the high waisted bottoms completed the look perfectly.

Once I was done, the same lady that fitted me, rang me up at the counter. "$25.50," she said, after scanning the swimsuit.

I handed her an even amount of cash in total. "Thank you," I said once again, taking the bag out of her hand.

"No problem, hope to see you again!" she exclaimed.

The next challenge was finding out what to get Raysen for his birthday. I remembered him talking about how he wanted the new Madden 2017 game for his Xbox.

I went into GameStop to check if they carried the game, and to my luck they did. After I purchased the game, I went back to my house.

Once I stepped in the door, my family was on the couch watching Netflix on the TV. I walked up to my room to put all of my stuff down, and to relax for the rest of the night.

There was a knock at my door immediately after I changed into more comfortable clothes.

"Come in," I called out.

Shane walked in and closed the door behind him quietly. "Hey, Jade," he muttered.

I plopped myself down on my bed to listen to what he had to say. "Hi," I mumbled back.

He took a seat right next to me and sighed, "You're not going to his party by any chance, are you?" he asked straight up.

I fidgeted with my fingers before answering. "I am."

"I figured," he mumbled. "I'm just here to tell you to be careful."

"You're not stopping me?"

He shook his head no. "I believe you'll make the right decision. You're smart, Jade. I know that. Just be careful at the party, alright?"

"Yeah, I will. Thanks."

"Just watching out for my little sister," he chuckled.

This moment warmed my heart. The feud between us was now settled and calm. It wasn't like he fully approved of Raysen, but it was enough for him to trust me again. Somehow, that's all I needed; knowing that my brother was still by my side.

"Hey, how are you and Mia doing?" I asked out of curiosity.

Shane chuckled and hung his head low. I gasped loudly. "Is my brother, captain of the football team, blushing?"

"Shut up, no I'm not," he defended himself.

"Yeah, sure," I sarcastically answered back.

"We're doing pretty good, actually. She listens to me and gets me," he confessed.

"Aww, that's adorable!" I exclaimed.

"I was planning on asking for your help on asking her out officially."

"Of course, I'll help out! When though?" I asked.

"In a couple of days. I have to get some things ready. I want it to be grand," he stated.

"Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

"Thank you, you're the best," he replied, before going back to his room.

---

The party started about an hour ago and I still wasn't there yet. Whenever Shane would go to a party, he'd always show up at a later time because nobody was there early.