||dedicate my life||

Very sensitive topics. You have been warned.
-----------------------------------------
Waking up every morning is a struggle. The internal battle of whether to open your eyes or not is exhausting, but it was one we all face daily. The continual thought that we have to face another day if we open our eyes makes us want to sew them shut, so we'll never have to face the horrid reality of life ever again.

However, there is one thing that keeps me from grabbing that needle and thread.

A boy, to be exact.

A boy that made my heart flutter with a single step in a room.

A boy that could cure a sickness with one twinkle of a smile.

A boy that made the angriest person on planet earth laugh.

A boy that made me feel wanted in a broken and disgusting world.

A boy that had stolen my heart with one glance at me.

A boy by the name of Mark Fischbach.

Mark always flooded my thoughts, not that I ever minded. He had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen on a person, and his beautiful brown hair looked incredible no matter what he did with it. His eyes could leave you in a trance, as you could always see a small child through the brown orbs. His voice allowed numerous butterflies to throw themselves against the walls of your stomach every time you heard it. He overall was beautiful to you.

Not only did I find him attractive through his looks, but also through his personality. He seemed to care about every human on planet earth, his only goal to make people smile and feel good. He loved entertaining people through his video games, fun antics, and screaming. The love in his eyes as he saw a small child on the street or a dog in the park could make your heart melt, and he seemed to love every piece of this earth. He drove me crazy, and I didn't mind.

He truly was the perfect person.

The only problem was... he was my best friend.

And I was in a relationship.

A very bad relationship.

One that I could not escape.

Every time I had tried distancing myself, I was always sucked back in.

Not through kind words and gestures, oh no.

Through beatings and death threats.

I was trapped.

I was stuck in this whirlpool of pain and emotions that I couldn't escape...

...most of the time.

Of course, I had Mark, the love of my life, with me.

And that was all I needed to get through life.

I hadn't told him of the abuse. I was too scared too.

I mean, Mark didn't care that much about me. I didn't need to bother him with my problems.

Mark was always suspicious when he saw a new bruise on me, or when I was incredibly depressed. However, he never asked questions, which, of course, I was always grateful for.

One day, however, Mark asked me the question I always dreaded to escape his lips.

"Matt, what is that bruise from?"