||christmas||

Today marked five days until Christmas, and Mark was extremely excited. Christmas was Mark's favorite time of the year, and this was the first year he would be spending it with his boyfriend of 6 months, Matt.

Mark wanted their first Christmas together to be perfect, so the two energetic boys were decorating the house together.

In the living room of their shared apartment sat a decently-sized Christmas tree. The box filled with ornaments sat next to the tree, just waiting to be put on it. In the kitchen, Mark leaned up against the counter, making hot chocolate for himself and his video game analyzing boyfriend. He placed the water into the cup, allowing it to mix together with cocoa power already present in the cup. He then grabbed two candy canes to stir the drinks. As he was mixing the drinks, he felt large arms wrap around his body from behind, and he couldn't help but smile as he realized it was his cheeky boyfriend.

"Hi Matt!" Mark exclaimed, the excitement for the day present in his voice. "Hi boo!" Matt replied, resting his chin on Mark's shoulder. Mark turned himself around, handing Matt his drink and leaning against the counter once more. Matt smiled, taking a sip of the delicious drink. "You ready for today?" the gamer asked, holding his FNAF mug with both hands. Matt nodded, a smile smeared across his face. The couple put down their drinks and walked towards the tree. Matt opened the large box of ornaments, and Mark ran to the radio near the front door. He began playing soothing Christmas music, silently beginning to sing along. Matt looked over as his boyfriend and giggled, seeing Mark begin to dance. Matt placed his hands over his mouth, his body shaking in laughter. Mark looked over at his laughing boyfriend, winking and giving a small smirk. Matt, still giggling, walked over to the smaller man, grabbing his hand. "Let's go decorate the tree!" Matt said. A large smile planted on his face. Mark nodded quickly, reminding Matt of a small child.

They both walked to their tall tree and began decorating it. Various ornaments were placed on the tree, many of them being FNAF or Nintendo-themed. Once they were finished, both men took a step back, admiring how beautiful it looked. The only ornament left was the star on top. Matt gave Mark a quick kiss and said "I'll be right back."

Matt ran up the stairs of their small apartment, as Mark went back into the kitchen to grab their drinks once more. Without realizing, the smaller man began humming another song on the radio, slightly swaying back and forth. Mark began to smile as he thought of his adorable boyfriend.

How did I get so lucky to have someone like Matt in my life? Mark thought as he took another sip of the cooling drink.

Mark's head jerked towards the stairs as he heard the pattering of the Game Theorist's feet. Matt handed Mark the star, and Mark saw that it was designed to look like the star that follows Rosalina in the Nintendo games. Mark begins to giggle in happiness as he sees the cute decoration. He runs to the tree and begins trying to reach the top. However, being as short as he was, couldn't reach it.

Matt smiled as he got an idea. He ran under Mark, lifting him up. He grabbed the smaller man by the waist and put him on his shoulder. Mark giggled once more and placed the star on top of the tree, clapping like a small child after. Matt chuckled as his boyfriend, as he could feel his heart swell at the sight. Matt out Mark down before wrapping his loving boyfriend into a hug. Mark's arms went around Matt's waist, and both men began to sway slightly to the music in the background. Mark placed a kiss on Matt's nose, causing the older man to scrunch his nose up cutely.

"I love you Matpat." Mark says quietly, smiling shyly. "I love you too Markimoo."
___________________________

Ok... I know it's August and I just posted a Christmas imagine... Please don't kill me.

Anyways, as always, this was inspired by the queen QueenOfMarkpat
{check out her stuff if you haven't btw}

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you enjoyed this cheesy imagine!

Stay weird - Mika ❤️