||broken home||

For as long as I can remember, my parents were madly in love. Kisses and hugs were always shared, as every night was filled with cuddles. As a family, we were always together. Due to this, I had an extremely close relationship with my family. However, everything would take a turn for the worst. When he was 16 years old, my brother, Jake, had gotten involved with a bad group of kids, and drugs became a part of his daily life. He would stay out every night, and he'd come home high or drunk. Jake was always angry when he was drunk, so I always dreaded sharing a room with him when he was. He would yell at me if I spoke one word, and his dark glares were enough to send me into tears. As if things couldn't get worse, my parents began to fight more. At first, it was small arguments that lasted about 5 minutes, which concluded with apologies and hugs. However, after months, the arguments got louder and longer. Words that I had never even heard before were being screamed, and crashes of glass rang through my ears.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door of my bedroom being slammed open. I looked up from my phone to see my brother, drunk once more. I began crying, trying to hide my sobs as best as I could. My brother walks over to me, and I can smell the alcohol. He snatches the phone out of my hand, snickering. He looks at my phone, reading all of the texts between my boyfriend Mark and I. I began panicking inside, as many of those texts were about him, but I kept quiet in fear.

He looked back at me and threw my phone to me, obviously angry. He grabbed me by the arm and threw me on the floor, kicking me hard in the ribs. I let out a scream of pain, which was drowned out by my parents' screaming, and I began coughing and sobbing.

"Get out." Jake said, hatred dripping from his voice. I scrambled off the floor to grab my phone and shoes, and I ran out of the door, fright running through my body. That deadly look in his eyes was enough to make anyone terrified. I ran down the stairs, my tears blurring my vision. My rib began throbbing, and I knew there would be a bruise there. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I stopped suddenly, my ribs hurting from running down the hall. As I did, I was forced to listen to the sound of my parents screaming.

That was not my family. That was not my father calling my mother a slut and more awful things. That was not my mother saying the most vile things about my father. That was not my brother who was drunk and hurt me. They were not the people I once called family.

In that one moment, I knew I had to leave this hell.

I sat on the bottom of the stairs and tugged on my sneakers, my heart breaking with every curse screamed. I left my shoes untied as I ran out of the back door, leaving behind my burden. I continued running, not looking back at the hell I called my home. {does anyone get the reference??}

After what felt like hours, I stopped running to catch my ragged breath, my ribs throbbing once again. My heart felt as if it was beating out of my chest, and my mind was foggy. I sat on the sidewalk to tie my shoes, allowing myself to think. I put my head in my hands, the events of the last few months racing through my head. After a few minutes of tears and memories, I decided to walk to my boyfriend, Mark's house, as it was down the block from where I stopped. I stood myself up, my head pounding as I did so. I began walking towards his house, my mind replaying the awful moments of tonight. I held back the tears, as I didn't want to scare Mark. He had enough of his plate as it was.

I smiled when I finally reached the familiar house, and I quickly ran to the door. I rang the doorbell and waited, wanting nothing more than to hug my boyfriend. Not even thirty seconds later, the door opened, revealing a very confused Mark. Our eyes met at the same time, and I jumped on him, wrapping him in a big hug. He didn't hesitate to hug back, neither one of us saying a word.

"It happened again, didn't it?" he said, still keeping me in the tight hug. I didn't respond, not wanting to put my burdens on Mark. However, my silence only confirmed Mark's suspicions. Mark picked me up, holding my thighs, and shut the door behind us. He carried me to the couch, sitting me on his lap. I refused to look in his eyes, knowing I'd cry if he did. "Jake hit me this time." I said in a low, weak voice, clenching onto Mark's shirt. Mark immediately grabbed my shoulders, separating me from the gamer. I could see the anger and concern in his eyes.

"Where?" he said, his voice deep than usual. I just lifted my shirt, revealing the large bruise on the skin near my ribs. His mouth opened in shock, and his eyes gazed over the bruise. He couldn't believe that had happened to me. His hand grazed over it, and his soft touch was barely felt. He pressed on it by accident, and I let out a pained whimper. I felt his hand rip away from me, and I could see the pained look on Mark's face. Small tears fell down my cheek, and I lowered my head, not wanting to look in Mark's eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said, slightly stuttering. "Baby, what are you apologizing? This isn't your fault!" He said, his voice deep and intimidating but calm and comforting at the same time. I didn't respond, my sobs restricting my voice. After a few minutes of cuddles and tears, Mark picked me up once more, whispering sweet nothings into my ear softly. I closed my eyes, my tears staining the gamer's cloth-covered shoulder. When I opened them, I noticed I had been put on his bed, where I've cuddled with him numerous times. He laid next to me, wrapping his arms around me once more. I nuzzled my face into his chest, holding onto him for dear life.

We just laid there for about a half hour, until Mark abruptly broke the cuddle. I looked at him confusingly until I saw him lean down and kiss my stomach a few times. He caressed the area once more, being as careful as possible. He kissed it again before moving back up to meet my gaze. "You're staying with me from now on. I'm not letting you go back there. Okay? I love you so much. I hate seeing you in pain." Mark said, bringing his hand to my cheek, making me slightly blush. "Thank you so much. I don't know if I would be alive without you. You're my world. I love you Markiplier." I said, a tear of happiness falling down my face. He pulled me into a sweet kiss. This kiss was filled with more love than I could ever comprehend.

"No more tears Matpat."
___________________________

1245 words of cheesiness. Whoops.

I really hope you guys enjoy these. I know they're not the greatest and they're really cheesy, but I still hope you do! I'm in the process of writing more imagines, so those should come out soon!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you enjoyed this cheesy imagine.

Stay weird - Mika ❤️