||"you're safe"||

Mark laid on his back, his eyes closed as he dreamlessly slept. One arm was tucked away under his head, the other wrapped around his sleeping husband. Matt laid sprawled on his husband's chest, his mouth letting small snores escape. The couple was exhausted from a long day at VidCon, especially since they had brought their son with them. Sam, who was now four years old, loved going to conventions with his dads and decided to tag along with them for the large YouTube convention. After the full, long day, the three boys were exhausted and all went to bed.

While the husbands got their much-needed sleep, Sam laid in his race car bed across the hall, sleeping. However, he was twisting and turning, fear evident on his face. His fists tightly held onto his blanket, and he let out loud screams of pain and fear. At one point, the young boy had screamed out "Daddy! Papa! Please!", and those screams had woken up both Mark and Matt. The couple, concerned for their young son, ran into the room, only to be greeted with the sight of their distraught son.

Mark was the first to run to the bed, softly shaking the boy until he bolted up, a panicked gasp leaving his mouth. He first looked at Matt, who was at the door crying, and his eyes made its way to Mark, who was right in front of him. The gamer looked scared, his breathed irregular and his heartbeat loud and fast. The young boy didn't say anything as he family stood together, all three of them shaking in fear. The three sat in silence, until Sam finally spoke.

"I'm sorry Daddy." He said, tears welling up in his large blue eyes. "Don't be sorry Sam. Are you ok?" Mark asked, concern dripping in his voice. As the two boys spoke, Matt made his way to Sam's bed, slowly sitting on the edge of it. "What were you dreaming about, baby?" Matt asked quietly, grabbing Sam's hand.

Sam sniffed, still affected by the haunting nightmare. "They got me Papa. Those mean people took me away from you guys. The ones that hurt me." Sam began sobbing as he spoke, and Matt pulled him into a hug, softly crying with his son. Mark sat there, crying as well.

How did Sam still remember that? It hurt him to know his son still remembered what he had gone through. When Sam was an infant, he was mistreated by his biological parents. His mother was an alcoholic, and his father was a drug addict. His parents would do awful things, such as not feed him for hours when he cried (as punishment), leave him at the house alone, and even left him in a tub of water where he almost drowned. After a while, neighbors and fried a began noticing the mistreatment of the child and went to authorities. When it was discovered the parents had abused the child, Sam was placed in the local adoption center. There he spent the first two years of his life. It was heartbreaking to know Sam still remember those awful years of his life, and both Mark and Matt hoped he would eventually forget their horrific memories.

Mark sat there crying, as Matt held their son tightly, whispering "you're safe. I promise". The couple waited until their son calmed down from their meltdown. When his cries soften, the theorist looked down to see his son had fallen asleep once more, and he couldn't help but smile. He picked up the child, placing him in his bed. Both men planted a kiss on his forehead before leaving the room, both Mark and Matt still startled from their son's outburst.
__________________________

I guess I'm back?? I mean, I've been gone for three days?? Does that count??

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this. It's not really romantic. I just really love Sam.

I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I've had this written for two days, but I wrote it on my laptop, and every time I went to go email it, I got sidetracked. EVERY TIME.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you enjoyed this cheesy imagine!!

Stay loving - Mika ❤️