||stay away||

In 5th grade, I met my three best friends, Nate, Jack, and Mark in class, and we were inseparable since. We spent every waking moment together, and we were at each other's houses so much it started to become a tradition. We knew every little detail about each other, and I knew we would be friends for the rest of my life.

From the first day I met him, I had a huge crush on Mark. We were the closest, and any time not spent with the four of us hanging out was spent with Mark. We played video games, hung out at the park on Saturday, and cuddled... A lot.

It never bothered Jack, as he had a crush on Nate for years, but we never got a positive reaction from Nate every time we hung out. He would never admit it, but you could see the jealousy and anger towards Mark. When we were younger, it never bothered me, but as we got older, things became more uncomfortable. Nate became more irritable towards Mark and touched me every time he could. Jack never noticed these actions, but Mark did every thing in his power to keep me away from Nate.

Although it was very confusing for me, I never complained. I just kept my mouth shut.

One night, the four of us had met up at Jack's house, a Friday night tradition we had for years. Mark and I were cuddled on the small couch, as we always had done these nights. Jack and Nate sat on opposite sides of the other couch, Jack wrapped up in a blanket and Nate's hands clenched and tense. We were watching our favorite movie when I had to get up to go to the bathroom. I walked down the hallway, looking at the pictures of us as children that were hung on the wall.

While I was gone, I could hear Jack's mom call for help from the kitchen. Mark, being as polite as he was, offered to help Jack and his mom. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the gamer and how sweet and adorable he was. He was always there for you no matter what, and he would help anyone and everyone.

I had finished my business, and had begun washing my hands when I heard footsteps down the hallway. Thinking it was Jack's brother going to his room, I turned off the silver faucet and dried my soaked hands. All of a sudden, the door was busted open, revealing an angry Nate. He threw me against the wall, his hands on either side of my head. I took in his features as he was extremely close to me.

His usually chocolate brown eyes were now dark and angry, and his face was beat red. His glasses were slightly shifted, probably from the swift movement of pushing me. He was mad, and he looked like he wanted to kill me.

I tried to push him away, but he was too strong for me to move. I punched, kicked, and elbowed him, but I was too weak to do any damage. I tried to yell for Mark, but Nate clamped his hand over my mouth, muffling my strained voice. I continued to scream and kick as he just stared at me, burning holes into my skin with his glares. I became scared as he caressed my cheek, the crazy look in his eyes becoming more prominent. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? YOU WERE MINE. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MINE. YOU ARE MINE!" he yelled, his voice deep and intimidating.

My eyes widened in fear, and I only fought back more. I tried yelling louder, but I knew it was no use. "IF I CANT HAVE YOU, MARK CANT EITHER!" My heart dropped as those deadly words escaped his mouth. Nate reached into his pocket and pulled out a large knife, and a small tear fell down my red cheeks and onto his sick hand.

I continued to struggle out of his grip, but he was too damn strong. I knew I couldn't fight my way out of this. I just hoped and prayed that Mark or Jack would find me, but I knew that was impossible. I started to shriek into his hand, wanting nothing more than to escape the musician's grip. I finally gained enough courage to bite his hand, and he helped and pulled it off my face. He then smacked me hard on the cheek, keeping me firm against the wall. Tears streamed down my face as I could feel the sting of the impact. I began to scream and shriek, trying to get someone's attention. Mark must have noticed that both Nate and I were gone because he began calling my name.

Once Nate had heard my cries, he clamped his dirty hand over my mouth once more. "Mark!" I tried to scream, which was muffled by Nate's hand. "Matt?" Mark yelled, and I could hear his footsteps down the hall. Nate must have heard them too because he immediately turned me towards the door, one hand around my waist and the other gripping a pocket knife against my neck. I began sobbing and calling Mark's name, only causing Nate to laugh. He began moving his hand up and down my thigh, making my desire to leave the sick man's grip grow.

After what felt like hours, Mark finally busted down the door, shouting my name and many profanities. He froze when he saw the sight in front of him. A single tear fell down my face, and I was scared to death.

"Nate, let go of him." Mark said, his arms up in caution. Nate began crying, his tears landing on my shoulder. "Matt was supposed to be mine. He was supposed to be the love of my life. But you had to come and take him from me. You took the most important thing to me away." He said, pressing the knife against my neck, drawing blood. I let out a scream of pain, and I could see Mark begin to cry. My head started to pound, and I became strangely dizzy. "Please, let Matt go." Mark said, stepping closer with every word. With every step, the pain in my neck became worse and worse, until I was sobbing in pain.

"Please... Nate, please." I practically wheezed out, as I grabbed onto Nate's arm. "Either kill me or let me go."

As soon as those words escaped my mouth, he released me, my limb body falling to the ground. Mark, however, caught me before the impact, picking me up bridal style. Nate put his head in his hands, and I could hear his muffled sobs. My heart broke at the sight, but Mark didn't care for it, as he ran out of the bathroom. He called for Jack and laid me on the couch, panic present in his voice. I heard a gasp come from Jack, and he came and sat with me as Mark left. Soon, I could hear yells of sirens, and the last thing I saw was an unfamiliar group of people come into the house. Slowly after, I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was lying on Mark's couch, my head in his lap. "Are you ok, baby?" My best friend asked me. I just nodded, not trusting my voice, and sat up. I winced as I could feel the bandages around my neck. "Thank you" I finally said, giving Mark a hug.

"I'm just happy you're ok, Matt."
___________________________

Does this long one make up for the short one? I wrote this one a long time ago, about someone completely different! But why not?

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you enjoyed this cheesy imagine.

Stay weird - Mika ❤️