:Chapter 18:

:Dalton:

Excitement was cursing through me. Prom shopping had turned from dull to more happy. Lucas and Isabella were behind us in line. Lucas and Isabella were arguing about something. About?  I had no idea but you could hear the bitterness in their tone. Nico let them get in line..

"Prom dress shopping?" Nico asked looking at the two bags. Isabella held a Sears bag and Lucas a Journey's bag. 'I wonder what dress Isabella got and what is in the Journey's bag.' 'Me too.' I hope she got a dress of one of the color ties I bought.

The line moved forward. "You want to eat with us? It will be on us." Nico asked with a smile. Before Isabella could answer Lucas cut her off. "Of course we would. Wouldn't we Isabella?" Lucas asked looking down at Isabella. "Of course." Isabella replied glaring at as smirking Lucas. Yeah something was going on.

Some sort of competition? Who knows. The line continued to move until we were in the front. "Table for five." Nico said offering a smile to the female cashier. She nodded. Angel gripped his arm tightly. 'The jealousy of a she-wolf. I wonder if Isabella will ever have it?'

'Isabella isn't a she-wolf. She's human.' Ash shrugged. He still hoped Isabella would get jealous. "A waiter will lead you to a table." The lady said as a waiter came up to lead us away. We got a table with two chairs on the outside and then a booth.

Isabella ended up between Lucas and I. The waiter put down menus. "My name is Joshua and I'll be your waiter. I'll be back when you are ready to order drinks." Joshua said before walking away. Angel opened the menu and asked Nico to read it to her.

Nico smiled at her and told her what was on the menu. I was gonna have a Diet Coke. With my drink settled I looked at the food. 'I want something with meat. Something that will fill the stomach without us looking fat. Maybe we can get two things?'

Two things is what we shall get. Joshua came back after a few minutes. "Drinks?" He asked. "Diet coke." I told him. "Lemonade." Lucas said moving a ring on his finger. "Iced tea." Isabella said not making eye contact with him. "Diet coke and water." Nico said holding Angel's hand in a tight grip.

"I'll be back with that." Joshua said before walking away. The bags were away from the table and in a booth next to Lucas. "So you are going to prom?" Nico asked with a smirk. Isabella gave him a dull 'I'll kill you in your sleep' look. Angel bit her lip too.

Someone is not too happy now is she? 'Now she isn't.' Lucas looked over at Isabella and raised an eyebrow at her. Isabella rolled her eyes before bringing her gaze back to the adults menu. I looked back at it and let my gaze rake over all the delicious sounding food.

Steak, sandwiches, salads and much more. 'Eating out can be more tricky sometimes.' It can be if you don't know how to eat properly as a werewolf. Nico was telling Angel all the food she can eat and Angel would repeat the food name to Nico.

Angel was still learning how to read. I remember when Nico had to learn it all. Despite that he was ahead of his grade. He learned very quickly and went past his grade level. Most of them thought he'd behind a grade or two not ahead a grade. If Nico was in his grade he'd be a junior.

Just like Isabella.

'Do wonder how Isabella got ahead a grade?' 'Probably since she is a hunter.' Ash nodded. Hunters were no idiots. I'm surprised Jonathan the biker has still lasted this long but he gained some sense. Don't mess with Isabella was one of them.

Joshua came back with our drinks and we all got our drinks. "Food?" Joshua asked. "Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken Tenders." Lucas said as he closed the menu. Joshua scribbled it down on a notepad. "Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and Butchers Reserve 12 oz. Sirloin with that garlic mashed potato's." Nico told Joshua.

Joshua looked at Isabella and I. "Triple bacon burger, onion rings." I told Joshua. 'That sounds very good. Better be satisfying as good as it sounds.' Mhm. Joshua scribbled that down. "Mac and cheese with chicken." Isabella said handing the menu to him. Joshua wrote down the last meal before collecting the menus and leaving.

Isabella tore apart sugar packets apart and dumped them in her drink which had a lemon on the side. Then she stirred the drink took a sip put more sugar in it and repeat. Took five sugar packets before Isabella had decided she was done doing all of that.

'That's a lot of sugar. Hopefully Isabella won't get a sugar high from it.' Mhm. "What color is your dress?" Angel asked. "You will not know until prom." Isabella said smirking at her drink. Angel looked at Nico who simply hugged her. "Some girls like to do that." Nico whispered to Angel who nodded.

Lucas looked at Isabella. "You get a new job request?" Isabella asked. Lucas shrugged. "About what?" Lucas asked. "Misty wolf." Isabella said. "Few reporting to The Organization." Lucas said. Angel looked at them. They were talking hunter business. Us werewolves weren't experienced with any of them.

'Although sometimes I'm curious on hunting business.' Sometimes they talked interesting things. Like now. A misty wolf. The hellhound maybe? Isabella took a sip from her drink and looked at Lucas. "We taking the case?" Isabella asked. Lucas nodded scribbled something down and pushed it over to Isabella who put it in her pocket.

Isabella looked around the restaurant as she took a sip of her drink. "Misty wolf?" Nico asked confused. "Sightings of a misty wolf. We are to check it out. I bet I have an idea on what it is." Lucas said looking at Isabella and her sling. Isabella nodded.

Nico looked at me. "I told Isabella already." I told Nico as I took a sip from my drink. Lucas looked at Isabella before nodding. I swear the two could mind-link each other if they wanted. Werewolves from the same pack or who are mates are capable of doing it.

I mind-linked my brothers like crazy when I first gained the skill after my first shift. 'I remember that I wanted to hit you over the head.' I bit my lip as Joshua came back out carrying a tray of food and handed us all our food before saying he'd eventually come back with a check for us.

I was quick to dig into my food as was everyone else. Isabella poked at the food but she ate it along with downing her drink. Man was everyone hungry.

That happened. But yeah a filler chapter. Prom is coming up since most people are starting to get out of school now. I plan on making the hunting gathering in the next book. But how you liking the book so far? Comment below. The gif is Lucas and how his magnificent self shrugs. Until next time magnificent marshmallows.