Chapter 5

(Revealing our hero)
Hugh Ceevanford's life was fine. Sparks of normalcy, he thought. No problems, thank you.
Being the Earl of Whitsbury, his life was lavish and beautiful, and all that amazing exquisite stuff one would want.
He had a sister and a mother and unfortunately his father had died when Hugh was in university. So Hugh took the position of an earl, bundles of predicaments weighing him down. Luckily he had the ability to face plights, and he never lacked the heft, through thick and thin.
For that he was highly obliged to his conscience.
Hugh had money, a lavish life, a title and a family. Though not a complete one.
His father was gone. But Hugh dearly loved his mother and sister....
But motherly and sisterly love was fine....
What he needed was....
A wife's love.
And yet, he was unmarried, like the dunce he was.
He knew legion unmarried ladies, but he liked none for marriage. None were breathtakingly intoxicatingly or charming to tempt him. He knew he was expected to marry soon, to produce an heir for his earldom, but he was tired of seeing the same faces time and again, and that was probably the reason he was standing outside his carriage now, wanting to ready and prepare himself to show his face inside. Also he was trying to get ready for the moment when all those boring women would encircle him in the ballroom. He needed a respite from the hustle, so he sent his sister and mother inside for the party and waited outside, to gather his strength.
He thought again, why did no woman ever seem so charming to him? Why ? No one. No one was beautiful. No-
And then his life CHANGED.
He saw a lady running towards him. She was running with every ounce of her might, panting with visible vigor.
And then she skidded to a halt in front of him. And then he looked at her.
She was heartbreakingly intoxicating and charming and beautiful. She was an angel, who was shudderingly dropped from the paradise above. For him. Solely for him.
Her eyes were amazingly green, every pastel flashing a shade of green, that glinted with the ferocity of light. And her features were carved so-
"Sir!" she interrupted breaking into his thoughts "please help me! Someone is following me, please hide me in your carriage!"
"But Madame-"
"Sir please!" She begged "I'm in utter danger."
With that she took his hands in hers and gave them a squeeze.
Hugh felt a bolt that softened his heart, to cream, and with regard to propriety he decided to wriggle out of her mind-numbingly soft grasp, but just couldn't summon the heart to do so.
"Fine" he let out.
Within the space of a second, he settled her into the carriage asking is she was comfortable or not.
"I'm very much comfortable"she said "if someone comes here asking for me or my whereabouts, tell him that you saw me go into the woods."
"Fine."
Sure, within five minutes, William Billfield, appeared from the back of the ballroom, seething with extreme ire.
"Lord Hugh" he said as he stood in front of Hugh "have you seen some lady run back here?"
Hugh smiled. The lady's contemplation was proficient.
"I presume I saw her running into the woods."
"Thank you Lord Hugh."
With that William took off into the woods.
"He's gone", Hugh said to the lady in the carriage.
She peeped out, smirking adorably. Hugh helped her come out and smiled at her.
"Thank you so much for your help" she said as her eyes gleamed with pure happiness "I'm indebted to you. You saved my life. Thank you so much!"
"My pleasure" he said "but why-"
"Oh God!" She exclaimed "mamma!"
"Mamma?" he echoed, dumbfounded.
"She'll be worrying" she explained"I've been gone for a long time now."
"Oh."
"I need to go now."
"But why-"
"Thank you again, sir."
With that she left, leaving Hugh with a question and a newfound love.