- Fifty Two -

"Tyler! Stop!" you laughed as Tyler poked you in the shoulder, for the hundredth time. "Why should I?" he asked and smiled.

"Because it's annoying, and we need to sleep. We have to start driving really early in the morning," you sighed and turned over to face Tyler.

He looked at you and smiled, nothing else. His hand went from under his pillow to tucking a tiny strand of hair behind your ear. He smiled more, and his eyes were soft.

"You're beautiful," he simply stated.

You turned away and grabbed a pillow, and softly threw it at Tyler's face. To try to cover up your now pink cheeks.

"Hey! What did I do?" Tyler chuckled and pushed the pillow off of his face. Not answering his question, you said, "We should go to sleep, we have to start driving super early tomorrow morning."

Tyler smiled and was about to say something, but then someone's phone started to ring.

"Its mine," Tyler mumbled and swung in legs over the bed, and reached out to the nightstand to grab his phone.

He looked at the screen, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who is it?" you asked, confused by Tyler's sudden expression.

"Diann," was the last thing he said before he went out on the porch with his phone, closing the sliding door behind him.

You sighed and threw your head against the pillow, staring at the ceiling ahead of you, and your thoughts drifted. Why would Diann be calling, after almost a month of her and Tyler not talking? And especially, why would she call at a time like this?

Doesn't she know that you're dating Tyler?

Propping yourself on your shoulders, you look out the glass sliding doors and to Tyler. He's still on the phone.

He looks stiff, almost uncomfortable. He's suffering his feet a lot.

You couldn't really tell what they were talking about, but all you could see was Tyler nodding his head. And his faint sweet voice.

He averted his eyes to the floor, they widened. He look shocked almost.

After a few seconds, Tyler took his phone away from his ear and shut it off. He stared to walk to the door, and hesitated for a second. But he came in anyways.

Neither of you spoke as he sighed and plopped down on the bed next to you.

You broke the silence, "What was that all about?"

"It's..." he trailed off, "It's nothing." Tyler didn't look at you, but kept his eyes on the bedsheets in front of you.

"C'mon!" you half-laughed, and scooted closer to him. You almost regretted the decision to egg him on.

"Seriously, don't worry about it," he mumbled, and pulled you close, so your head was rested in the crook of his neck. Tyler rested his head on your head, and stared out those two big glass doors.

There was complete silence between the two of you, and the sun was completely down. Leaving the lamp next to you the only light in the room.

"Like you said before, we should start going to bed. We have to start driving super early in the morning," Tyler took your word to hide whatever he and Diann talked about.

"Fine," you sighed and rolled off of Tyler, me faced the wall in front of you, your back facing him.

Tyler yawned, and laid next to you. He wrapped one arm around you lightly, hence the whether being warm at the ocean.

The two of you were calm, but you definitely weren't falling asleep. There was something missing, something Tyler didn't say yet. It was as almost you were staying awake just to hear it.

"Listen..." he started, and you flipped around to face him, your faces being only inches apart.

"She-uh.. Diann didn't know we were together. And..." he trailed off.

Tyler rolled on his back, a smile playing in his lips, "she admitted her undying love for me," he  said in an overly dramatic tone, but obviously being sarcastic and funny.

Tyler laughed, which made you laugh also. "Oh please, Tyler." You sat up and smiled with him, Tyler still loving his small act.

"She-she also asked if her and I could go out sometime..." he smiled and closed his eyes, he had the most beautiful smile you've ever seen.

"And what did you say?" you asked, entertained.

"Maybe."

"Tyler!"

"Alright! Alright! I'm kidding. I said no. C'mere," somehow, Tyler's smile did not leave his face as you cuddled in his side.

"I love you," he tapped your nose, "and that's that, my love."