- Thirty -

It was late at night.

11:38 p.m.

Well, not super late.

You sat tiredly next to your boyfriend on the bed, while he was on the phone with Josh and his producers, talking about the tour.

Your head rest on the pillow case (anathema anyone?) as you stared up at the ceiling.

Sighing in boredom, you rested your head on Tyler's lap.

He looked like he was listening intently about the tour on the phone, you heard faint voices through the speaker.

Starting to feel sleepy, you rested your arm across Tyler's stomach, enjoying his warmth.

(Funny story, when I typed warmth, it autocorrected to warthog- I laughed for five minutes straight)

Tyler ran a hand through your hair, "Hey, pretty?" He whispered, covering his phone with his hand.

You looked up to see Tyler, his head cocking to the side. Obviously telling you to leave him be while he talked on the phone.

Immediately getting the message, you got off of Tyler and swung your legs over the bed, and walked out of the room.

Instead of sitting in the living room, or rummaging the kitchen, you decide to go outside.

You slowly went down the few steps outside, and looked up at the sky.

It was a starless night. Surprised, you thought since it was warm out, there would be stars.

Empty sky?

No way that's me.

Sighing peacefully, you sat on a tiny step and rested your chin in your hand.

One half of my heart is free.

Looking over, you see the lights from the town next to you, illuminating the empty, starless sky.

Getting tired, you stood up.

You gasped as you felt two warm hands grasp your sides.

Sighing in relief, you see that it's only Tyler.

"Gosh Tyler, you scared the death out of me!" You exclaimed, laughing.

Tyler chuckled and looked down, smiling as a faint pink dusted his cheeks, "Yeah, I thought I'd surprise you after I called Josh and the producers."

Nestling your head into his shoulder, you asked, "So then, what's the plan for the tour?"

"We got it all planned out, we leave next month," Tyler said calmly.

You immediately jumped back, surprised, "Next month?!"

Tyler smiled at your outburst, "Yep, next month."

Laughing, you rolled your eyes, "Oh, boy," You mumbled.

Tyler admired you. He admired the way you would smile, the way your cheeks lifted. He loved the way you outburst when he says something sudden. Most of all, he loved your beauty. Even though it was late at night, you had no make-up and were wearing baggy clothes, he found you to be very pretty.

He thought all of these things, even though all you were doing was standing outside.

"Gosh, I love you," Tyler said, leaning in for a kiss.

You smiled and kissed him back

He chuckled and pulled you closer, deepening the kiss.

"Tyler," You laughed, "Stop it," You said, pulling away.

"Ah man, okay," Tyler giggled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Also," Tyler said, getting your attention, "I don't want anything had happening on tour, okay? I don't want any cuts, anxiety attacks, or anything bad happening on tour, because I care for you, okay?" Tyler asked, holding your side.

"Okay Tyler," You say, kissing his cheek.

"I love you," He said gently.

"I love you too," You said back.

You sighed in content, enjoying Tyler's company.

"I'm heading in," You started, crossing your arms, "Coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be inside in a sec," He said while you stepped into the apartment.

Tyler looked at the starless sky, he felt like it made the night worse.

It was too dark for him.

All of his thoughts came out late at night, nights are grim.

Tyler felt like an empty sky, he had no point.

Empty skies had no beauty, all they held was darkness.

Tyler thought he was not beautiful, he didn't deserve you.

Tyler's thoughts destroyed him.

He just wanted to be free, his heart just wanted to be let go by all of the thoughts.

Tyler also felt like he was not in tact. He felt like he was asleep, while everyone else is awake enjoying the world.

He doesn't have any stars, but you, you were amazing, you lit up his life.

Empty skies give other people bad thoughts also, nights are not good.

No stars.

Empty sky?

A tear fell from Tyler's cheek.

No way that's me,

Because one half of my heart is free.

Empty sky?

No way that's me,

'Cause the other half of my heart's asleep.