thirty two

Jihoon laid down, staring at the ceiling. He wanted to forget what Yoohyun had previously said. "Jihoon, you're going to have to confront her." Youngmin says, taking a bite out of his sandwich. "I trusted her, I really did. I'm still unable to let that sink in. I dont know if he's lying."

"I can talk to him if you want..."

Jihoon looked at Youngmin, gulping a little. "That would help a lot. He's more open with you, anyways."

Youngmin gave Jihoon a soft smile before going over and giving him a hug. "We'll get through this, okay?"

Jihoon hugged him back as tight as he could. "You're the best, Youngmin."

The boy simply chuckled ruffling Jihoon's hair. Once Yoohyun agreed to meet up with Youngmin after an hour of convincing, the three sat in Youngmin's room, not saying a word. Youngmin, who got tired of the awkward silence spoke up, "Yoohyun, is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Is it true that it was Meili who paid you to do this?"

Yoohyun glared at Jihoon. "You're just gonna around telling everyone this, huh?" He asks, scoffing after saying so. "I'm the only one who knows. Stop being so fucking rude to him, Yoohyun!" Youngmin says, making Yoohyun take his eyes away from Jihoon. "It's true." He spoke.

"I...I'm in desperate need of money. Well...I was. I needed some way to earn it and that was when I met Meili. She told me about how much she wanted you out of the house and how much she disliked you for no apparent reason.

At first I didn't want to do it because obviously...beating someone up for no reason is fucking horrible. But I was in such a bad state that I couldn't say no...I gave in."

Jihoon simply kept his eyes on the ground, not saying a word. "Please get out of that house for your own safety. I don't know what she'll do to you."

Jihoon felt his heart hurt at that sentence. He couldn't even imagine his own so called "best friend" doing this to him. "I wish I had a chance to tell you earlier. I needed to cut all sorts of contact with her before i could tell you."

"Then why'd you fight him the day before?" Youngmin asks, raising his eyebrow. "I didn't want to fight. Okay, I may have started up a little argument but that was just out of jealousy."

"Jealousy? What jealousy do you have towards someone like me?" Jihoon asks, still looking down to avoid any emotions from pouring out. "I-I don't wanna talk about it right now. Anyways, when Jihoon attacked me, I couldn't help fighting back. It got out of hand when the others came in too. They're just used to following me around and doing exactly what I do."

"I can't fucking believe this..." Jihoon covers his face with his hands, not wanting to cry. "I'm sorry."

"That doesn't fucking change anything. One of the people I trusted with my entire life is trying to get rid of me."

All Yoohyun could do was not say anything, letting the boy rant. "Jihoon, I'm here for you. Just try and speak to Minhyuk about this instead of directly going to Meili. I'm by your side...and so is Yoohyun."

"What?" Yoohyun's eyes go wide upon hearing his name being mentioned. "I said, so is Yoohyun." Youngmin says sternly, making Yoohyun panic. "I never agreed to this."

"I said, so is Yoohyun!"

"Oh alright...yeah, I'm by your side too."

"I'd rather kiss a frog than have him by my side." Jihoon glares at Yoohyun, hiding a small smile. "Hey I'm actually trying to be nice for once, appreciate it." Yoohyun grumbles, making Youngmin roll his eyes. "For fuck's sake, stop fighting!"

The two of them sulk, looking at Youngmin with tired faces. "Fine..." They say in unison, dragging out the word. Yoohyun looks at Youngmin, expecting a proud smile from him for making up with his mortal enemy. Youngmin, who knew what the boy was expecting, gave him exactly that...the proudest smile he could possibly give. Yoohyun let out a silent chuckle, quickly averting his gaze away from Youngmin.

Jihoon who witnessed what just happened, looked at Youngmin, his eyebrows raised. Youngmin simply shrugged with a small smile lingering on his face.

"A-anyways, um...wanna like...go have some actual fun? because staying here talking about friendship issues is boring me out." Yoohyun says, trying to cover up his slight blush. Jihoon nods before replying,

"You know what? I'm up for that. Thanks for saying something logical for once."