seven

Jihoon sat on the bed, staring out of the window. Soonyoung had lent him the extra room to stay in for the night. He watched the quiet street, how empty it was. He watched the street lights flicker once in a while. He also noticed a little cat roaming around. He spent the next few minutes watching it, a slight smile on his face. It was one of those nights, one of those nights where Jihoon could not fall asleep no matter how hard he tried.

Though he was dead tired, it was as if sleep didn't exist in his dictionary of life. He heard the door creak open, making him turn around to see. "Jihoon? You aren't asleep?" Soonyoung asks groggily. "I was about to ask you the same thing." Jihoon says, turning the nightlight on. "I wanted water so I got up to have some. Having trouble sleeping?" He asks, making Jihoon nod.

"It happens often." Jihoon says, letting out a sigh he didn't know he was holding in. "Want me to stay with you?" Soonyoung asks, making Jihoon avoid eye contact. "I'd be lying if I said no." Jihoon admitted, making Soonyoung chuckle. Jihoon felt himself get more and more comfortable with Soonyoung as hours went by. "Hey...uh I-"

Jihoon's phone started to ring, cutting him off. He rolled his eyes as he picked it up, ready to hear Minhyuk's yelling. "Calm down, I'm just at a friend's house." Jihoon says, trying to calm Minhyuk down. "And you didn't tell me? I thought you were kidnapped or something!" Minhyuk exclaimed from the other side of the line. "Well I'm not, so calm your tiddies." Jihoon says, making Minhyuk hum. "Fine, enjoy your night." He says, making Jihoon mumble a "you too" before ending the call.

"You called me your friend." Soonyoung smiles, his eyes sparkling. "That was a coverup." Jihoon says, making Soonyoung sulk. "Oh come on, don't be like that." Jihoon pokes Soonyoung's shoulder. "What do I have to do for you to like me even one bit?" Soonyoung pouted, poking Jihoon back. "I haven't thought about that yet...maybe everything you do still won't make me like you." Jihoon smirks, making Soonyoung whine. "You're super fucking mean!"

Jihoon laughs at Soonyoung, making him sulk even more. "I never expected me to get along with you to be honest. But I have to admit, you're really nice." Jihoon says, making Soonyoung smile. "Thanks, sweetie. At least someone here is trying to seem like the good person."

"I take back what I said."