eighteen

sy
@ kwnsyng

bubba? you haven't been answering my calls or
responding to my texts
is everything alright?
sent, 3:45 pm

i'm getting worried, you never do this
sent, 3:57 pm

it's been four days, ji
are you okay?
sent, 4:00 pm

soonyoung, he's in hospital

what?

this is meili
his uncle dragged him back to his place and the next thing
i know, we got a call saying that he's in hospital
he's literally covered in bruises and wounds
he won't tell us what exactly happened either
can you please somehow come over?

which hospital?

i'll send you the address

-

Soonyoung sat on the chair next to the bed the injured boy was on. His heart hurt looking at him. He saw his face show discomfort as he slowly opened his eyes, adjusting to the brightness of the room. "Soonyoung?" He asked his vision a little blurry. "Why're you here, bub? What happened?" Soonyoung asks as Jihoon fixed his pillow to sit up instead of lying down. "Well...that..." Jihoon hesitated, looking down at his fingers.

Soonyoung took Jihoon's hand in his, holding it gently to calm him down. Jihoon gulped, wanting to hold Soonyoung's hand tighter. He stopped himself from doing that. He didn't want his already existing feelings to be become worse. "He just did it all over again. The threatening, the abuse, everything." Jihoon spoke as Soonyoung looked at him worriedly. "I couldn't sleep, drink or eat anything. I probably got knocked out because of that. Or maybe it's because he threw a chair at me but whatever."

"Whatever? That's whatever to you?! This is literal child abuse, Jihoon. This is a real issue! This guy belongs behind bars!" Soonyoung says, pure fear shown in his eyes. "Let's just not talk about this anymore. I'm safe. It's fine."

"But-"

"Please..."

Seeing the look on Jihoon's face, Soonyoung knew he felt uncomfortable to talk about the situation. And so he decided not to continue. "Soonyoung," Jihoon called, making Soonyoung look at him curiously. "Thank you." He muttered, avoiding eye contact. "You always say this." The boy laughs, making Jihoon smile. "No, seriously. You took the time out of your day to come and see me and...that means a lot."

"Since when have you become so soft and nice, huh?" Soonyoung questioned, his smile wide as fuck. "Shut up, I'm trying for once."

Soonyoung chuckled, rubbing Jihoon's hand softly with a shy smile playing on his face. Jihoon let out a sigh, leaning his head back towards the pillow. There was just silence for a few minutes. Surprisingly, it didn't feel awkward at all. Both of the boys felt at peace, just enjoying each other's presence. "Jihoon, you have- Oh did I interrupt something?" Meili, who suddenly walked in, asks upon seeing the two of them together. "Oh, uh no. Um...what happened?"

"I just wanted to let you know that you have to have food soon." Meili says, her eyes fixed on the boys' hands that were intertwined. Jihoon nodded at her, making her smile as she shut the door again, leaving. "Please take care of yourself, yeah?" Soonyoung says, his voice putting Jihoon at ease. "I will, asshole. Don't worry." Jihoon giggles at the other boy.

Soonyoung's phone starts to ring, resulting in him picking up the call. "I've...I've gotta go now. Take rest, call me if anything happens, okay?" Soonyoung says, cupping Jihoon's cheeks. "Stop babying me, asshole." The boy whines, moving Soonyoung's hands away. "Well, sweetie. You are a baby, so..."

"Oh fuck you."

Soonyoung laughs as Jihoon rolls his eyes. He stands up, ready to leave. "Bye bye, love you." He smiles before walking out of the room, waving at the other boy. "Oh my god, this boy..." Jihoon mumbles after Soonyoung left the room, his cheeks heating up.

"Love you too."