sixteen

The atmosphere felt kind of awkward after that pickup line. Jihoon didn't know what to say anymore. They simply ate in silence. Jihoon bit into his burger, getting ketchup on his cheeks as he did so. "You're so damn messy." Soonyoung rolled his eyes before taking a tissue and harshly wiping Jihoon's cheeks. "Holy fuck, that was harsh!" Jihoon says, furrowing his eyebrows. "Sorry sweetie." Soonyoung chuckled, ruffling the other boy's hair.

"I'm so damn tired..." Jihoon sighs, leaning his head towards the table after taking the last bite of his burger. "Tired as in exhausted tired or just tired of life?" Soonyoung asks, moving Jihoon's plate a little bit more to the side so that he had a little bit more space. "What if I said both?" Jihoon asks, looking at Soonyoung, his head still on the table. "Want to relax your mind for a bit?"

"I'll only agree if you suggest drinking."

"I was literally going to..."Soonyoung started, shocked that Jihoon knew exactly what he was talking about. Jihoon chuckled after taking a look at Soonyoung's face. "What're you waiting for? Let's get going." Jihoon says, making the other boy nod immediately. They quickly paid for their food and drove off to Soonyoung's place, buying a few bottles of alcohol on the way. They entered the empty house, their footsteps echoing with every step.

With a click sound, the lights turned on once Soonyoung flipped the switch. Jihoon had to be honest with himself, he felt so much at home at this point. Spending time with Soonyoung just calmed him down and made him feel so much happier. Jihoon took his jumper off, getting a little more comfortable as Soonyoung went to grab a few snacks. Jihoon sighed as he looked down at the floor. He didn't know if he could hold his feelings back anymore. Interrupting his thoughts, Soonyoung came in, setting everything on the floor.

The two boys cheered before starting to drink, talking about each other's lives to keep the conversation going. Minute by minute, the both of them started getting more drunk. "Sleep." Jihoon mumbled, leaning onto Soonyoung. He could sense that Jihoon was definitely more drunk than him. "We should clean up first." Soonyoung says, trying to help Jihoon up. "How boring." Jihoon says, sitting back down. Soonyoung rolled his eyes before picking up the empty packets of chips and bottles.

Meanwhile, Jihoon dizzily crawled over to one of the bedrooms, he couldn't make out which one. Once Soonyoung was done, he found Jihoon laying on his bed, almost asleep. He chuckled, shaking his head to himself before laying down next to him. Jihoon turned his head to look at the boy beside him. A small smile appeared on his face as Soonyoung pulled the blanket over both him and Jihoon. "Goodnight, Hoon."

"Goodnight, asshole."

Jihoon didn't know why but the feeling of being tired suddenly went away. He looked at Soonyoung, who had his eyes shut. Jihoon gulped before turning the other way, trying to fall asleep. "Having trouble sleeping?"

That reminded Jihoon of the first time he came here. That night Soonyoung left behind his sleep just to make sure that he would feel comfortable. Jihoon knew he couldn't keep his 'anti-carat' persona on for any longer because of how much Soonyoung had done for him. "Soonyoung," He called out, earning a hum from the other boy.

"Thank you..."