4: Never Treated Right

Start from the beginning

     "Yes, mommy." I blinked as I stared at her brown eyes.

     "Promise me two things, will you, my little Aiden?" She said and I nodded.

     "If you found someone you love, later when you're grown up, treat her right, don't ever hurt her feelings or even physically, don't ever let them shed a single sad tear; because, darling, when a girl cries, something must be wrong with her. The most important is don't you ever break her heart." I looked at my mom as a single tear slipped down her cheeks.

     "You said, when a girl cries, something must be wrong with her. So, what's wrong with you, mommy?" I stared right into her eyes as she wiped her tear.

     "That was the first one." She said, ignoring my question. "The second one, you'll have to promise me that whatever happens, you will always remember me." She said the last part in almost a whisper.

     She held out her pinky fingers as I tangled mine with her.

     "I promise, mommy. I'll never break her heart and I'll never forget you, no matter what happens." I said as she kissed my forehead and she started to sob.

     I looked the red car toy on the table in front of me. Anger started to build inside me as I tried my best to erase those memories from my head. In a blink of an eye later, I found my self throwing all the things on the table in front of me. I watched those things broke and shattered on the floor before I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

     Fuck my father. Fuck Rebecca. Fuck her son. Fuck my life. Fuck me.

     I screamed in frustration and a couple of seconds later I heard another knock on my door. "Fuck off, whoever that is." I yelled.

     Suddenly, my bedroom door burst opened. I quickly turned around to see whoever that was.

     It turned out to be Gretta, my maid who had been taking care of me since the day I was born. She was more like a grandma to me. She was around fifty. She was the person, and the only person, who took care of me in my whole life. After my mom left, she got more and more closer to me. She' wasthe only person that knew most of my stories with my mom, she was the one who helped me with my bruises after a fight, she listened to my rant whenever I had a bad day, she always comforted me.

     "I heard my boy scream." She said while she sat beside me on the couch.

     "Gretta," I scooted closer to her as she wrapped her arms around me and I leaned down a bit to rest my head on her shoulder. "It's just-"

     She didn't let me finish my sentence. "I know. It's your mom, isn't it?" I nodded.

     We just sat like that in silence while she kept rubbing my arms. A few minutes had passed and she broke the silence.

     "Your father wanted to talk to you. He told me to get you to his room before I heard you scream earlier."

     Father. I liked it better than "Dad" and it made more sense. He had never raised me like a dad raised a son, he had never cared about me, he didn't watch me grow, he didn't know how I was doing at school, he didn't know or even give a damn about my grades, he didn't know what I had been through in my whole life. The title "father" suited him more than "dad".

     "Alright, I'll go." I pulled away from her embrace and started walking to the door before I turned around. "And don't clean those mess, tell the other maids to do it, you should get some rest, Gretta." I said to her as I stared at the shattered glasses on the floor and she nodded.

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵

     "You wanted to see me?" I said in a cold tone as I walked into his room. I noticed Nathan seated in front of my father. They were sitting on the sofas inside his room and I sat beside Nathan, we were facing our father.

     Nathan was my step brother. Rebecca already had him before she was married to my father. So, Nathan was not his biological son, my father was not his biological father, and we weren't biological brothers.

     And I would stop right there, I didn't want to talk about it any further, talking about it made me want to throw up.

     "We've been waiting for you. What took you so long?" My father said.

     "Can you just get into the point, Sir?" I stared right into his eyes before he rolled his eyes and looked away.

     "Well, I heard you both had a fight again in school." He said while he fixed his handwatch. "I wasn't here yesterday and won't be here tomorrow due to my busy schedule, so I take this time to talk to you both."

     "Get. Straight. Into. The. Point." I said, emphasizing each and every word, "I'm not wasting my time for any of your shits."

     He didn't look surprised by my words and behavior. He was used to it. I had  never acted like a good son to him, hell, because he had never acted like a good father to me. He treated my mom like shit, so, why should I be nice to this asshole?

     He sighed. "Well, my point is, why did you two fight? Can you both get along for once?" He looked at the both of us.

     "That's none of your business." I said at the same time as Nathan said, "It was a misunderstanding."

     "I would like Aiden to stop picking fights wi-" My father stopped when I cut him off.

     "I'm not the one who started it!" I yelled as my fingers curled into fist.

     "How many times have you been picking fights with people at school, Aiden? How many times have they called me because my son caused troubles?" He yelled back.

     "I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING SON!"

     "YOU ARE!"

     "I. AM. NOT. YOU HAD NEVER TREATED ME LIKE ONE! GO FUCK YOUR SIDE CHICKS, WASN'T THAT WHY MOM LEFT YOU?" I spat at him and he quickly took a step back.

     After a couple of seconds, he walked closer to me and slapped me hard. I scoffed before I felt another sting on my cheek. That was my cue. I threw my fist at him and blood started running out from his nose. Nathan stood up from his seat and grabbed my father's arm. Nathan helped him out before I walked out of the door and left the room.

♕♕♕♕♕ thank you ♕♕♕♕♕