Chapter 23: Let's Tell Them

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

"Hey Jinxx."

"Hey Andy, what's up?"

"Can you and Sammi come over here? We need to talk to you guys."

"Alright, see you in a bit." He said and hung up. I called the rest of the guys before making sure there were ten chairs outside. I sat outside and lit a cigarette, taking a drag, looking around the backyard. I smoke less since I'm older but I still smoke when I'm stressed. I kept lighting one after another, not able to stop.

"Andy." Harley said, shaking me.

"W-What?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"Everyone's here." I looked around and saw that my band and their wives were sitting outside with me.

"O-Oh." I said, putting out the cigarette.

"What's up you guys?" Sammi asked. We both sighed, looking at each other for who was going to say it.

"Lately, I've been getting these weird headaches. They're really bad too, they hurt a lot. Somedays, I can't even get out of bed. Anyway, I went to the doctor and it turns out I have a brain AVM."

"W-What's that?" Jinxx asked, concerned.

"It's a blood vessel in between my skull and spine. I'll be dead in ten years." Jinxx stood up and walked into the house, slamming the door behind him.

"I'll go get him." Sammi said, standing up.

"It's fine Sammi, I got it." I said, standing up and going into the house. I saw Jinxx sitting at the kitchen table, his head down.

"Jinxx."

"Why Andy, why."

"I don't know Jinxx." I said quietly, sitting next to him.

"It's not fair, she doesn't deserve this. She's already been through so much. Her mom dying, her dad beating her, me leaving, almost losing her son and her life to a drunk driver, her son commiting suicide, you almost dying, her dad dying. It's not fair." He sobbed.

"Jinxx, she's strong, she'll make it through this. Besides, ten years is far away. Sydney will be what, seventeen? That's a long time Jinxx. I'm keeping an eye on her, don't worry."

"I'm so sorry Andy, we shouldn't have tried to pry it out of you earlier today."

"It's fine. Harley just didn't want to tell anyone just yet."

"I understand." I heard someone walked in and turned to see Harley.

"Andy, can I talk to Jinxx, alone?"

"Yeah." I said, getting up and walking back inside.

HARLEY'S POV

Once Andy left the room, I didn't say anything, I just wrapped him in my arms. He turned and hugged me tightly, sobbing into my shoulder.

"You don't deserve this Harley."

"I know, but it's just something I have to deal with."

"Do they know what might of caused it?"

"They think it has to do with my dad beating me."

"God D*****! THAT SON OF A B****!" Jinxx yelled, pounding his fist on the table.

"Jinxx, calm down."

"This is all my fault Harley."

"W-What do you mean?"

"If I hadn't of left you, moved away."

"Jinxx, please don't blame this on you." He didn't answer me. I grabbed his face and made him look me in the eyes. "Look me in the eyes and say that you won't blame yourself, you won't beat yourself up over this."

"B-But it is my fault."

"No it's not Jinxx! You couldn't of saved me anyway Jinxx! The best you could do is get me out of there when I needed you and you did."

"I-I just felt like there was more I could've done."

"There was nothing more you could've done Jinxx. Please, just promise me, when I'm gone, you won't put your life on hold, you won't blame yourself and you won't mourn over me for too long. I'll be up with my mom and dad, I'll be happy Jinxx."

"W-Will I at least get to say goodbye?"

"I-I don't know Jinxx, I try not to think that far, not yet."

"H-How's it going to go down...you know."

"Well, the blood vessel will pop and I'll have bleeding in my brain. That will cause a seizure and Andy will take me to the hospital. After that, I'll probably have a few days max."

"Harley, I don't want to lose you." He said, hugging me.

"I don't want to leave either Jinxx, but it's a part of life."

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too Jinxx, but let's not think about that. I'm not dead yet, let's live in the present, not the future." He nodded. "Also, one more thing, can you make sure Andy stays safe after... you know. I'm scared of how he's going to take it."

"I will."

**************************************************************************************

Awwww

Listening to Jingle Bell Rock~ Rascal Flatts

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!