Forty Five.

It was early in the morning, and Eric was up as usual, though this time he had to wake Morgan up too. They had to greet the newest members into the faction and begin training on yet another initiation.

Luckily Morgan and Eric had gone through a month without any kind of problem, and things seemed to have fallen back to normal, after the whole thing with the outsiders the next batch seemed a lot more compliant, none of them wanted to have their brains bashed in by Eric.

Morgan's strategy seemed to have worked and the supposed abuse had stopped, they had set up a group of dauntless trained in therapy to help the victims, but not new cases or incidents had arised. They had everything under control, which was a relief in Eric's eyes, he was really glad Morgan had stepped up and helped him figure things out.

He didn't like the summer much, every time he worked out it was three times the amount of sweat, and there was unusually cheery people on this time of year, but there was one thing he loved about it, and it was Morgan on summertime.

Morgan on summertime meant Morgan sleeping naked, no underwear over a loose shirt if she was at home, and when she had to go out she wore summer dresses, or skirts. Easy access and a great view, that was his favorite thing.

Eric had been very clear with Morgan that she didn't really had to work if she didn't want to, and he hated to admit that after Morgan had been pointed at by the outsider, Eric retraced every conversation or action towards Morgan, and he had to admit that he was maybe a little too controling, that he had obliged Morgan to do a lot of things she didn't wanted to do.

He retracted on everything and now he let Morgan do her thing, so she wasn't working much. Except on those days when Aleks preferred to be with him, she spent her time at home or out in the compound, showcasing his son around dauntless.

She helped with initiation to an extent, and she was going to oversee the dauntless born that year, just the paperwork.

Still, she had to be there on the first day on initiation.

He sat next to her on the bed, she was face down hugging he pillow below her face, Eric slowly traced her spine, watching how her tattoos moved as her shoulder blades shifted and she turned her head around to look at him.

He trailed his hand downwards as he gave her a little smile

"Hey gorgeous" she smiled and moved to lay her head on his thigh, Eric's hand moved up to touch her head and neck

"What time is it?" She asked sleepy.

"Too early for your liking. But it's initiation day and we have to go to the ceremony"

"Ugh" she complained "do we have to?"

"I thought it would be nice for Aleks to get out of the compound" she snorted and looked up at him

"Show off. You just want everyone to be like 'oh what a cute baby'"

"You too"

"Yeah, me too" she admitted, then smile and lifted herself up, her lips met his in a kiss as Eric pulled her to his chest. "Is Aleks asleep?"

"Yeah" she said against her lips. Morgan smiled and broke the kiss as she stood up from the bed and took Eric's hand.

"Let's have a quick one in the shower" Eric smiled and followed her, even as he took off his shirt he didn't mention that he had already taken a shower.

When going out to special events such as these, Eric always wore the jacket with the dauntless simbol, not bothering if it was hot or cold out. Morgan also had to use it, and she complained a little and ended up tying it to her waist. They had even bought one to Aleks, and he looked badass with it.