Eight.

The morning of the testings Eric was up and at it since very early in the morning, he sat in his usual spot in the table of his apartment, quietly drinking his coffee while he pondered.

Morgan's test in the device didn't show Candor like her aptitude test. Was it because she had overpowered her candorness after she transfered, and now her brain thought and her body acted like a dauntless? That seemed to be a logical explanation.

His thoughts were interrupted when Morgan's hand was placed on his shoulder as she leant in and gave him a kiss in the temple. Eric placed his hand on top of hers, but as Morgan moved behind him towards the fridge her hand slipped from his.

He turned his head to watch Morgan dressed and ready to head out, her long hair in a ponytail and her hands carefully pouring hot water into the cup in front of her.

She didn't move to sit next to him. She remained standing in front of the counter, sipping at her tea while she looked ahead.

Eric left his coffee on the table, stood up and walked to her. Standing behind Morgan and placing each hand on the counter in front of him, he caged her in between his arms, his lips downed on her shoulder and he looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

"Morgan" he called, she closed her eyes and turned her head to face him, opening her eyes after a few seconds "talk to me"

She shook her head, then left the cup in the washer.

Eric's body flushed against Morgan's, his arms cagging her waist, Morgan closed her eyes and let her head down.

"We can talk-"

"We'll talk about this now" Eric interrupted. He spun her around and leaned to look at her "why do you refuse to do this?"

"I'm not refusing, I'll do it"

"Against your will"

"I'll still do it" Eric's demeanor changed, and so did Morgan's. He wanted answers out of her and she didn't want to give them.

"This is important Morgan, all of this operation and being head leader of dauntless is important to me, non the less, I want to know your reasons"

Morgan looked away from Eric, she had to think of something fast, and she hated herself when that thought crossed her mind, she didn't thought that the time she would have to lie to Eric would come this soon.

She startled herself when Eric's hands flew from her waist to both of her arms to hold her in place

"Morgan start talking" he warned.

"I don't want to do this because it's not the divergents fault to be who they are. They were just born like that and suddenly they're a risk to us, when in reality we don't give them enough time for them to try something. We do what we're doing right now, we capture them, test on them, open their skulls to try and figure out what is different. I don't stand behind that"

Eric's grip loosened around her arms until it was just a light touch.

"I understand you, but we all have a place in this faction system and divergents, people who don't fit, are a liability. And I as the head leader of dauntless have go ensure the safety of all people inside the city"

"Divergent are people too, and they also live in this city, yet nobody is standing for them"

Eric's hands moved to her neck, cupping her face in them

"We can talk morale and the dichotomy of right and wrong after we deal with this. I understand your point of view, but I believe in mine strongly Morgan. This is me doing this civilly"