Thirteen.

Morgan walked with Lily towards the buffet, Lily was animatedly talking, Morgan wasn't quite listening.

They both stopped when Nita walked in front of them, and moved to walk next to Morgan.

"I don't know if you did any of that on purpose, but it was fucking genious"

"Did what?" Morgan asked.

"Susan is talking to the members of the directory, she's trying to convince them to let you train the team"

Lily gasped excitedly

"That's awesome!" Morgan looked at her "I mean, it'll get your mind off things. And by things I mean Eric. He has his own thing with the testing and he's not crumbling down. But you're"

"I have my reasons" Morgan said looking ahead.

"If they propose you this you have to say yes, they'll give you a pass to some of the entrances in the department, you'll have no curfew, and we can use a this excuse to head out and start planning shit with the resistance"

"Where is the resistance?"

"Where we relocate the non divergents"

"You mean the factionless that I threw out of the city? How are they going to help me? They must hate me"

They reached the buffet, Nita stopped at the entrance while Morgan and Lily moved ahead.

"We'll talk tonight, say yes" she commanded, and left.

Morgan had to go through another monotonous boring day, that was only brightened up when she met Ethan.

He was walking by and gestured at her to accompany him, she jogged from the side of the patio she usually sat at, then continue to walk at his side.

"I though I should let you know, Eric has finished testing Amity, and is moving to Candor. He found out that you were threatened and with Jay they're making up some believable evidence to put up against Dominic's word, if they succeed, you'll be able to get in... When you manage to get in"

"How do you know all this?"

"The cameras at the control room are timed, we only see 10 seconds of an image, then changes, so you know... One person sees ten seconds, the other one the next ten, and so on."

"Why only ten seconds?"

"Privacy, we don't want to stalk you or you know, deliberately watch people get laid like it's live porn"

Morgan nodded, Ethan stopped at one doow and swopped his credential on the scanner, emitting a green light the door opened.

"Sorry, this is were we split. He also said he misses you"

Morgan gave him a little smile, her chest tightening as Ethan closed the door. She missed him too, like death.

Lily was right, she had to get her mind off Eric for the time being, otherwise being in that hell for as long as she was afraid she was, was going to be pure torture.

Luckily, Nita was right, and Susan approached her with another member of the director's board asking her of she could please advise Nita in training.

She accepted, and as they knew she was going to say yes, they pulled up a credential like Ethan's and handed it to her, lifted her curfew and left. She still wasn't allowed to leave the department, but at least if she fell into insomnia, she could head to the gym.

They had provided her with level 3 clearance, which was a blessing in disguise. She had the same level clearance as Nita and she could reach to the armory. They thought she could be an asset if need be.