Chapter 29

Matt's POV

You think you've experienced mental suffering? Imagine then being stuck on an airport in New York while you know that something at home is terrible wrong and all you can do is to sit there and wait for the phone call that is going to break your entire world.

Amanda's POV

I woke up with a  smile on my face. I was really excited to play tonight and I couldn't wait for the clock to turn seven. I was also very happy that Matt and Val had decided to come home from New York a day early so that they could see me perform even though they would be a little late. 

Brian was still asleep next to me with one arm around my waist. I tried to crawl away from there but failed as always. He was so easy to wake up. "No", he mumbled tiredly and tightened the grip around my waist. 

"Okay, I'll stay for five minutes", I said and turned around so I faced him.

"Make it five hours", he mumbled with closed eyes.

"Babe, the clock is one and I have to be at the bar at seven remember?" I said and kissed him. 

"Then is five hours perfect", he said and smiled. 

"You're so annoying", I laughed but gave up since I knew that there was no way I would get away from his arms. 

We stayed there for two more hours until Brian got hungry and let go of me since I told him that I would cook. I made pancakes and brought them up to the bedroom so we could eat them in bed. 

Pinkly sat next to my side the entire time, hoping that I would give her food. Which I did of course, I just couldn't resist her cute face.

"Amanda, you know I see you right?" Brian said when I tried to sneak down a piece of pancake to Pinkly.

"No you don't", I said and smiled. 

"You have to stop doing that", he said and pulled me closer to him, away from Pinkly. 

"You're mean."

"Love you too", he said and kissed me.

"I have to go get ready", I said and headed towards the shower. 

I took a long shower and got dressed in grey skinny jeans and a blood red shirt. I was just about to fix my hair when something happened with my heart. I didn't know what it was, I had never felt it before but it almost felt like my heart got moved an inch. It started to beat irregular and I got problem breathing which made the room spin since I didn't get enough oxygen. I sat down on the ground and waited for it to to go back to the normal rhythm which took almost five minutes but it was beating really fast instead. 

I finished my hair and make-up on shaky hands before I walked out from the bathroom. 

"Finally, that took you forever!" Brian said when I made it downstairs where he stood and waited for me. "We have to leave now!" 

I decided not to tell him about what just had happened. He didn't need another thing to worry about.

"What's the clock?" I asked.

"6:40", he said. 

"Let's go then", I said and we went back to the car. "Will the guys be there?" 

"Jimmy, Matt and Val will but they're stuck in traffic so they'll be a little late", he said. 

"Jimmy too? Why is he stuck in traffic if we're not?"

"He picked Matt and Val up from the airport", he explained.

It took us almost twenty minutes to get to the bar and we made it right in time. There was really many people in there and there was actually a rather big bar. Everyone was facing the little stage and waited for me to began.