Chapter 19

Matt's POV

Brian, Amanda, Val and I went back to our bus after the concert, the others went to D.R.U.G.S's bus. "Let's eat chinese", Brian said.

"Yeah, sure", we all said.

Brian walked away to call the chinese place. "So will Amanda sing at every show now?" Val asked.

"Yep", I said.

"Apparently I will", Amanda smiled.

"Well I have to say, that kiss Syn gave you really pissed some of the fans off. You should have heard the things they said at the merch table", Val said to Amanda.

"Ugh I know", Amanda said.

"It was really cute though", Val said.

My phone started to ring. I looked on the display and pressed the end button. "You're not going to answer that?" Amanda asked.

"No", I said.

"Who was it?" Val asked.

"Mom."

"Then why won't you answer? Have you even talked to her since she told you about Amanda?" she asked.

"Uhm no... I just don't know what to say to her. This whole thing is to weird right now", I said.

"Baby, you should really talk to her, she must be so worried", she said.

My phone started to wing again and Val gave me a look that I really should answer that. I knew I should, I just didn't know what to say because I didn't know what I felt about this whole thing yet. I had tried to think about it all as little as possible and had succeed pretty well when we were busy with the tour.

I walked over to my bunk before I answered. "Yeah?"

"Matthew! Why haven't you answered my calls? I've been so worry", my mom said.

"I'm sorry", I said.

"I really want to talk to you about this whole situation Matthew."

"I don't know what to say mom..."

"Please say that you forgive me for what I did", she said and I could hear on her voice how upset she was.

"Mom, there's nothing to forgive. I know you did what you had to do to keep us safe. I'm not mad at you or dad because you only did what was best for me. I just wish someone would have told me sooner."

"Thank you and I know we should have told you sooner. I just didn't know how to say it. I have thought about it very much. Have you talked to Amanda?"

"Uhm yeah, she's on tour with us", I said.

"What? Why?"

"Didn't I tell you that she and Brian is together?"

"No you didn't. I thought you just met her a day on Warped?"

"Yeah, she was on that tour. Mom I told you that."

"Oh yeah you did, I remember that now. You guys are coming home soon right?"

"Yeah, we're playing in Köln tomorrow and then Berlin but then we're going home", I said.

"Good, we'll have a BBQ like always and please bring Amanda, I really want to meet her."

"I'll talk to her."

"Thank you. And remember, nothing can compare in this world to you", she said like always. She had always said that my whole life, it gave me inspiration to a song though.

"Love you too. Bye", I said and hung up.

Amanda's POV

"Food!" Brian shouted and ran over to the door to get our food. "To the lovely ladies", he said and handed us our food.

"You're such a dork", I chuckled and kissed him on the cheek.

"A really hot dork though", he grinned.

"Can your head get any bigger?" Val laughed. "You'll have to buy a new fedora soon."

"Just telling you the truth", he said with his mouth full of food.

Charming.

Matt walked back out to us and sat down next to Val and put his arm around her shoulder. "How did it go?" Val asked.

"Good."

"Will there be a BBQ waiting for us back home?" Brian asked.

"You know it", Matt said. "Oh and Amanda, mom really wants you to come. She really wants to see you."

"What?" I asked surprised.

Meet my mom? Could I do that? Was she even a mom to me? I had never met the woman and I had spent my life being mad at her for leaving. And now when I knew the whole situation, was I still angry? I didn't even know.

"I... I don't know if I can do that", I said.

"Why not?" Brian asked.

"I don't know..." I said and looked down on the table. "I don't know the woman. And I just never thought I would ever meet her. All my life have I been trying to be as good as possible without having a mother and I've just accepted the fact that I won't meet her."

"But she's back now. You can get to know her. I think it would be good for both of you", Val said.

"I don't know..." I said again.

"You don't have to decide right now if you want to meet her", Matt said. "Just think about it okay?"

"Yeah sure."