Chapter 38

Anna's POV.

I get out of my moms car in the school parking lot, pulling my bag over from the passengers side. I slam the door, locking it.

I sigh as I fix my sunglasses, feeling a bit queasy. I see Corey leaning against the wall by the entrance. I smile and wave. He looks at me and waves. I walk over to him. "How's the life of Corey?" I ask.

"You expect me to say something exciting?" He laughs. I laugh. "Something good would be nice," I say.

He smiles. "Well, I don't have anything good to say. To be honest, pretty pissed at Jace right now," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"He completely bailed on us last night and went out with Alexia," He says.

My eyes widen. My heart sinks. "Alexia?"

He nods. "I didn't want to say anything about it to you but-"

"It's fine. He's a dick and I'm over it. I went out last night and met a really nice guy," I say. He raises an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yeah," I smile, tilting my head. "He's a bit older than me but it's fine!"

"How old?"

"22."

"Anna! You're crazy," He says, chuckling. I laugh. "It's fine, Corey. He's really sweet and took me home after I fell down the stairs from my many many many shots of vodka," I say. He laughs.

"See, this is why you and Jace belong together. I just, I can't wrap my head around it. Alexia isn't you. Sure, she's hot. But you're gorgeous and you really care about him. He was in love with you and I don't get how he just leaves for her?"

I tilt my head, and look away. I sigh. "He's a fuckboy. Unfortunately, I don't regret any minute with him. I should, but I don't. I'd like to move on, but I can't."

Corey looks at me. I look at him. "Jace was really special to me. After our fight on the phone yesterday, I knew it was over and I didn't want it to be. I miss him," I say softly. Corey walks over to me and hugs me.

"I'm guessing him and Alexia had sex," I say. He let's go and smirks. "Oh yeah." He nods.

I look down, feeling my heart shatters. I gulp. I look up and hold back from crying. "I gotta go," I say. Corey nods. "Wanna hang during lunch? I can take you to Taco Bell?" He asks.

I smile. "You're sweet, Cor. I'd love to," I say. He smiles. I start walking towards the entrance, walking up the steps.

***

Corey and I meet up by the vending machine in the cafeteria. I reach in my bag for my moms car keys.

"So Taco Bell?" I ask. He nods. "I need a quesadilla," He says. I laugh.

We walk out to the student parking lot together. "Is Jace even here today?" He asks.

I shake my head. "He wasn't in theater. I leave after music theory anyways," I say. He nods. "You music geek," He says. I laugh.

We get to my moms car. Corey sits in the passenger seat. I climb into the drivers seat and close the door. I turn on the car. "Do you think he's ditching?" Corey asks.

I smirk. "What other reason would he not be at school?" I say, laughing. He nods and laughs. "Maybe he's sick?"

"Maybe the bitch has aids and he got it," I joke. Corey laughs.

I put on my seatbelt. "That's not funny, I'm just really mad at him," I say. Corey nods and purses his lips. "Taco Bell will take your mind off it," He says. I smile.