Chapter 8

Anna's POV.

I'm really enjoying this rebellious thing. I'm getting good at it too. I'm letting loose. I snuck Jace in the house. I fucking made out with him. I ditched school. I lied to my parents.

I sit in history class. The same sub is back.

Dammit.

I quietly go on my laptop and start typing some of the research for our project. Jace isn't here yet.

"Okay I'm gonna start with attendance," She says.

Jace opens the door and walks in. He sits at his seat. He has a plaid red and black shirt on, and skinny jeans. My heart throbs.

Last night was amazing. I felt like a real woman. I felt powerful. I didn't feel like that shy Christian girl anymore. I felt like a badass.

"Jace Norman?"

"Here." Jace says, waving his hand. He looks at my laptop. "Are you starting with the research?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"Savannah Carson?"

"Here!" I shout. She rolls her eyes. I tilt my head. I turn to Jace. He smirks and covers his mouth, holding back from laughing.

"Did you see that?" I whisper. He nods. "She doesn't like you," He says.

"Obviously!"

"Savannah, I don't want last time to happen again. Please, stop talking," She says. I look at her. I roll my eyes. "And close the laptop," She instructs.

"I'm working," I point.

"Doesn't matter. Stop with the attitude and close it!" She shouts.

"I have an attitude?" I point to myself. She slams her hands down. I jump back in my seat. My eyes widen. "You are so disrespectful! Go!" She points.

I stand up from my seat. She looks at my outfit. She shakes her head. "I don't know how parents put up with children like that," She mumbles.

"Excuse me?" I snap. I feel anger inside me. "What did you just say?" I shout.

She looks down. I turn to my desk and close my laptop. I pick up my bag and hang it over my shoulder. I pick up my laptop and phone.

"Fuck this school," I mutter under my breath.

I walk to the door and push it open. I walk to the deans.

Jace's POV.

Savannah clearly got pushed to the edge. Because she packed up everything and left.

I've never seen anyone do that.

"That girls language and her clothes. Her attitude... What are her parents thinking?" She shakes her head.

"She's just a wannabe," Someone from the back of the room says.

"I'm sorry, but I have never seen something more disturbing from a student. She had hickeys ALL over her neck, too."

My eyes widen. I start blushing. I gulp. "It's her life. She shouldn't be told how to live it. Especially from people who are extremely fake," I speak up.

Everyone turns to me. "I know it's her life. But it's just sad to see that," The teacher says.

"Why are you talking about her anyways? What makes you think it's okay to talk bad about a student when they leave?"

The teacher stares at me. I stare at her. She looks forward.

"Anyways. Your teacher said that you can work on your projects today. So I expect you to do that," She says. I roll my eyes.