Chapter 2

Anna's POV.

I sit in the pit during lunch. Kathleen sits next to me, scrolling through her laptop. She bites down on her turkey and cheese sandwich. I stare at the floor as I eat my yogurt I packed. My thoughts running through my head. They're mainly about Danger.

"I never told you, Danger is in my class," I say.

Kathleen looks up. "Anna, please switch classes! You can't be in the same class as him! That's life threatening!"

"Kathleen! Calm down! He's not a bad guy! I think he was just stressed out. It's a different environment for him," I say.

"You're too nice, Anna. You don't understand. Danger is known for pulling dangerous stunts with the law. Last I heard, he was busted for possession of marijuana and underage drinking. Do you really want to be friends with that? Plus, your parents would NEVER in a million years allow you to even associate with someone like him."

I feel a pit in my stomach. I look down. It doesn't surprise me that he was in trouble. He gives off the bad-boy vibe. But I can't just judge him without knowing him. I was raised in an environment where I couldn't accept certain people. But something clicked, and I'm different than my parents. Im willing to accept everyone. No matter their mistakes.

"I know what he's done is wrong, but how do you know anythings true? Danger may not be a bad guy after all. He's just having a hard time being accepted?"

Kathleen groans. "Are you not getting any of this?" She shouts. My eyes widen. I scoot back. "I am! But you won't understand what I'm saying!"

Kathleen rolls her eyes. She stands up. "Was he in class today?"

"What?" I squint my eyes.

"Was he in class today?"

"N-No," I stutter.

"Exactly. He was ditching. He's trouble, Anna!"

I roll my eyes. I stand up and reseal the bag of carrots I had. I throw my bag over my shoulder. I walk up the steps out of the pit. I throw away my yogurt cup.

"I have to go to class. I'm not arguing anymore," I shake my head.

"What makes you defend him?"

I stop. I look at the ground. I take a deep breath. I turn around.

"I don't want to be like this school. I want to accept people, and I want to give them another chance. I don't know Danger, but I'd like to get to know his side of the story. Because for all we know, anything you're hearing could be false. I don't want to judge him. I don't want to make him feel like he's an issue to this school. I want him to feel accepted. Like everyone should," I say.

Kathleen stares at me. I turn back around and start walking to class.

Jace's POV.

"I can't go back, mom! That school is god-awful! It's cringy and they don't teach shit!" I yell.

"Well what are we supposed to do with you? Huh? You've been suspended twice from two different schools you ended up dropping out of. You've been expelled. We tried homeschooling and that failed. Are you just gonna go without an education? How will you get through life?"

I roll my eyes and smirk. "I'll get a fucking job and a GED. I don't need to put up with dumbass public schools," I shake my head.

"Cut the cussing!" My mom shouts.

I roll my eyes for what feels like millionth time. I turn around. "Don't you walk away! I'm talking to you!"

I keep walking to the front door. I push it open and let it slam behind me. I stomp to my car and open the drivers side door. I sit in the seat and start he car, hearing the engine rev up.

I close the door. I take out my phone from the pocket of my leather jacket. Alexia texted. I bite my lip.

Alexia: babe come over.

Jace: on my way.

Alexia: k.

I set my phone down in the cup holder. I put the car in reverse and back out of the driveway.

I can't stand living with my parents. They're so controlling. It's irritating as fuck. I love them and all, but they need to lay it off.

I've been in four different schools since freshman year. I either can't stand the school, or I get suspended and drop out. It isn't easy finding a school that suits ME. I'm different. I'm not like the jocks. I'm a rebel, a criminal, a lady killer. I'm the guy you really don't want to mess with.

I drive down the street to Alexia's house. Alexia is my off and on girlfriend. Actually, were just friends with benefits. We used to date, but after she cheated on me, I gave up trying with her. We never got back together officially.

My phone starts ringing. I glance over and look at who it is. It's Sean. I grunt. I pick up the phone and slide right.

"Yeah?"

"Jace, we got a place."

"Where?"

"The gas station on 5th Ave. at the end of the street." He says. I nod. "Now?"

"When else?"

"Well I was thinking when it's nighttime, genius."

"Oh, right."

I roll my eyes. "I don't have anything with me. I need time to get ready. Say, 10?"

"Got it. I'll tell Jack and the guys," He says. I nod. "Good. Gotta go. Bye." I hang up. I toss my phone into the seat.

***

I pull a black ski mask over my face. I hold the gun in my hands. The gas station is closed. I hide on the side of the building. I watch Peyton break the window of the gas station. He unlocks the door and opens it. I look around for anyone watching. I run out and follow everyone inside.

I run up to the cash register. I pound it open it with my fist. It busts open. I take out a stack of money. I hear sirens.

"Guys! Police!" Corey shouts, pointing. I grab the last stack of cash and stash it inside my jacket. I run to the back emergency exit, where Jack stands. He busts the door open. We all run through to the back parking lot. We climb in the car. Jack revs up the engine. I sit in the back seat, between Corey and Sean.

"How much?" Peyton asks.

I take out the two stacks. I look through, counting in my head. "At least $200."

Jack and him nod. "Great." Jack whispers. I smile. "Good job," He says. I nod.

We approach a police car with the sirens and lights on. We all take off our ski masks. I take a deep breath. We pass by the car.

"Shall we celebrate?" Peyton asks.

"Always," I mumble. Corey looks at me and smiles. Peyton picks up a six pack of coors light, and a bottle of vodka.

Welcome to my life. It's wrong, and it's dangerous. But I enjoy the danger. That's why I'm called Danger. I'm not afraid of anything.
_______________________

lowkey getting pregnant just imaging Jace like this. like TURN. ON.

ok anyways. vote, comment, enjoy! (tf was that tho 😂😂😂)