Chapter 6

Anna's POV.

I stand in front of my full length mirror. Wearing a black crop top with ripped skinny jeans. I snuck into Maddy's room and took a few things. She has outfits that I'd like, but of course I can't dress the way I want.

Maybe this isn't even what I want. Maybe I'm just oblivious to the fact that I'm willing to change so Jace likes me.

I slip on a leather jacket. I look at my outfit. I feel hot. I feel good. I feel different. I'm enjoying it.

I leave my curly hair down. I apply eyeliner and mascara. I put on red lipstick. I look at myself in the mirror.

I love this.

I grab my bag phone. I run downstairs. I grab $5 for school lunch. I put it in the side pocket of my bag. I run to the door and slip on some boots. I grab my house key off the table next to the door to the garage.

I see the bus coming up the road. I run down the steps and down the driveway. I wait at the end.

As I walk down the aisle of the bus, people give me dirty looks. I sit down and lean my bag against the window. I rest my head against the seat.

***

I sit with my legs crossed at the desk. I rest my elbow on the desk. My chin on the palm of my hand. Jace walks in. I look up at him. He's wearing his leather jacket. He wears a hat backwards. My heart races. When he looks at me, I feel so much better.

"Nice jacket," He says. I smile. "Thanks." He smiles.

I look at the teacher. It's a substitute. She's subbed here before. I just can't remember her name. She's taking attendance. She looks our direction. "Jace Norman?"

Jace waves. She looks at him.

"Hat please?"

He rolls his eyes and takes it off. He leans against the chair.

"Savannah McCallister?"

"Here!" I say softly.

"Savannah?"

"She said here!" Jace shouts. The teachers eyes widen. "Someone woke up in a bad mood," She mumbles.

Jace rolls his eyes. I giggle.

"Why can't you talk louder?" He asks.

"Why can't you talk quieter?" I retort.

"You bitch," He mumbles, grinning.

"Shut up, dickhead," I say. The table group behind us look at us. Which makes the class, including the teacher, look at us.

"What's your name?"

My eyes widen.

"What's your name?" She asks, in a stern voice.

I don't answer. My heart beats fast. Oh no. Please, don't send me to the dean. I planned on being rebellious today but I didn't plan on getting in trouble.

"Her name is Savannah Carson." Carly Walters replies.

I roll my eyes. seriously?

Jace chuckles. "Carson." He mutters.

I elbow him in the arm. "Ow!" He shouts.

The teacher writes something down on a piece of paper. Her head jerks up. "What was that?" She asks.

"She hit me!" Jace shouts. The class starts laughing. My eyes widen.

"Miss, please go to the dean. That language and behavior is not tolerated here," She says.