Chapter 9

Jace's POV.

The last bell of the day rings. I close my notebook and shove it into my backpack. I stand up. I walk out of the classroom.

I feel bad for Anna. Honestly, I'm kinda worried. I know strict parents, and if her dad is anything like them, she's screwed. BIG TIME.

I think it's interesting how I didn't want Anna to have any interest in me. I didn't have any interest in her, in that way. Now, she makes me crazy. Her attitude, the way she thinks about every little thing, how she's so strong yet sensitive.

And my god, the way she kisses me. She's so passionate and so desperate. It just pulls me in.

I walk out of the school, to the student parking lot.

"Danger!"

I stop. I squint my eyes and turn around. I see a girl with straight dark brown hair and brown eyes looking at me.

"You took my best friend from me," She says. I tilt my head.

"Really? I did? From what she's told me, you're just not a good friend. I don't think I took her. I think you lost her," I say.

"You're changing her! No one in this school likes who she is now! She's another you! As if we were scared when we heard you were coming, now we have two. Why are you here? How'd you get here?"

"Harsh. But I mean, it's none of your business. Right? So stay out of it," I say.

"It is my business when it comes to my best friend. Are you two dating now? What's going on?"

"You don't stop, do you?" I say. She crosses her arms. "No, I don't. Glad you caught on. Tell me what's going on with Anna. She won't talk to me."

"Maybe because you're a self centered bitch and she's done with you treating her badly," I retort. Her eyes widen. "How can you call someone that? And make it okay?"

"It's okay for you, because it's the truth. I have things to do, and places to be. I'm not wasting anymore time with you. Accept Anna for who she is, or leave her the fuck alone," I say. I turn around and start walking to my car.

***

Anna's POV.

I lay on my bed, texting Jace.

Anna: my dad saw my hickeys. he said I have to get rid of the boyfriend. 😂

Jace: wtf 😂

Anna: yeah. I'm sure there will be more punishments once my mom gets home.

Jace: Kathleen and I talked. She's a bitch.

Anna: what?

Jace: she thinks I took you from her. she also thinks that you've changed because of me. she flipped out because I called her a bitch 😂

Anna: I'm so done with this school. 😂

I grab my laptop and open it. I google schools in Los Angeles I could possibly attend.

I don't see a reason why I couldn't attend a performing arts school. That's the one thing my parents were okay with me doing. Acting.

"Savannah Rae!" My mom shouts.

I groan. I close my laptop and climb off bed. I walk to the door and open it. I walk down the hall and stand at the top of the stairs. My parents and Kathleen stand in the living room.

"Kathleen?"

"Hey," She says. I slowly walk down the stairs. I stand in the living room.

"What are you doing here?"