Chapter 43

Anna's POV.

I sit in my room, trying to comprehend my dads situation.

He had another daughter and never told us?

He also cheated on her mom with my mom, and all this time he has been mad at me for doing such sins.

He's a liar.

He's a fake.

I can't believe this.

I sigh. I grab my duffle bag, and unpack all the clothes. I grab my backpack and pack my phone charger, an outfit for tomorrow, my hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, cigarettes, and some makeup.

I zip the bag and hang a strap over my shoulder. I grab my phone. I walk out to the hallway and close my bedroom. I walk down the hall, hearing the faint sound of my parents talking.

I walk down the stairs, and my parents look at me. My moms lips part. "Are you leaving?"

I nod. "Just for tonight, I don't really want to be here tonight," I say. My dad nods his head. "We were going to bring Maddy and the family out for the dinner, as a celebration for her first year of college," He says.

I nod. "That's great, I'll send my congrats tomorrow. I didn't get a dinner for my continuous honor rolls, or my lead in two school musicals. But I guess, Maddy isn't the screw up, is she?"

My mom shakes her head. "Anna, please don't say that-"

"It's the truth. It's the reason she's welcome here all the time. I don't want to discuss this anymore, I think you both know there's obviously favoritism issues in this family."

My dad gulps, looking down. I grab my keys off the table. I walk to the front door.

"When will you be back?" My mom asks.

"Tomorrow morning," I say, pulling the door open. I walk out as the door closes behind me. I walk down the sidewalk to the driveway, and unlock my car. I open the door, throwing my bag in the backseat. I get in the car.

I start my car, and back out of the driveway. I turn left, and drive down the street.

I don't know how I feel. I feel a bunch of mixed emotions, they're all awful.

I just need someone to hold me, someone I know won't betray me.

Preferably, Jace.

I love my parents, more so my mom. My dad I love, but I just don't understand him.

Once I get to Jace's house, I see his car in the driveway. His parents still aren't home from work. I sigh as I park in front of the house. I turn off my car. My phone starts ringing. I ignore it, guessing it's one of my parents.

I grab my bag out of the back, and open the door. I get out of my car, and close the door. I turn and see Jace walking down the sidewalk towards me.

"Hey," I say, pushing hair out of my face. He smiles, crossing his arms. "Hey, what's up?" He asks.

I sigh. "My anger towards my family?" I state. Jace laughs. I shake my head. "I don't understand, I feel awful for feeling any dislike towards my parents. But I just feel like I should," I say softly.

Jace looks at me. I look down, slowly feeling my heartbreak, at the thought of hating my parents.

"They've done a lot to you, Anna. I'd feel dislike towards them too." He says.

I sniffle, feeling tears in my eyes. My mind races with negative thoughts about myself, everything my family has ever said or put on me. My lips part, as I gulp. I look up as my heart bursts.