Chapter 36

Anna's POV.

I park in a parking stall in front of Target. I let out a deep breath as I look at the steering wheel. Millions of thoughts running through my head.

God, if I'm pregnant...

Congratulations, Anna. You fucked up your life.

Jace's life too.

I grab my wallet and open the door. My phone vibrates. I look down and grab it from my jean pocket.

Jace: what's up with u today? you're distant.

Anna: just not feeling good. it's chill.

Jace: you sure?

Anna: I'm fine buddy.

Jace: buddy?

Anna: gotta go.

I look up as I turn around from the car. I walk towards the entrance, shaking my wrists. I take a deep breath.

I walk through the entrance, and head towards pharmacy. I look at the signs and find where the pregnancy tests are. I gulp as I walk down the aisle.

I look at the amount of tests. I feel a pit in my stomach as I pick one up. I feel tears in my eyes, and my thoughts take over my mind to the point I can't even comprehend what I'm reading.

I look up at the pharmacist. She looks at me with a concerned look. I look back at the box. I let out a deep breath.

I blink repeatedly and turn to exit the aisle. I walk past the seasonal racks and turn. I pass by the makeup department. I feel my stomach churn.

I'm gonna get sick.

I wipe my eyes. I take multiple deep breaths. I stand in line for self check out, looking down, ashamed of myself.

I grab a couple Hershey's cookies and cream bars. I hold them over the box.

"Anna?" A familiar voice asks.

I glance up, and see two girls from St Andrew's. Kelsey and Jessica. They were cool people. We were in theater together.

I look at them, as they look at the test box. Kelsey covers her mouth as she gasps. Jessica's eyes widen.

"Anna... I'm so sorry," Jessica says softly.

I part my lips, looking at the box. "It's just a test. I'm probably not," I shaking my head.

"Oh gosh, everyone knew this was coming," Kelsey says. My eyes widen. I look at her. Jessica nudges her. "We should go," She says.

I nod. "Yeah." I say. Jessica and Kelsey link arms. They glare at me as they walk by. I let out a deep breath. I look down, feeling my stomach churn again. I feel nauseous.

"How old are you?" A woman asks.

I slowly look up. She's at least sixty-something. I gulp. "S-Sixteen," I reply.

She shakes her head. "That's unfortunate. My parents would've killed me," She says, holding her basket against her stomach. I nod, unsure of what to say.

It's finally my turn. I walk up and check out my items. I sniffle and throw them in a bag. I grab the plastic bag and walk to the bathrooms.

I close a stall as I frantically open the box. I read the directions, and quickly take the test.

My phone vibrates a couple more times. I look at it, but don't reply.

Jace: I'm coming to get you